Hi Guys There has been a lot of talk amongst the

nicos

Senior Member
couta-koppie wrote:
Another spoon that raised up over the last couple of months is the Gummy flash spoon. Cost about half the price of a std onda and looks exactly the same!

Just thought I'd mention that I had a chat to Gummy a few weeks ago, and requested that they do a purple spoon.

Will arrive with their next batch this month. No more paying through my uhhmm.. ears for purple Ondas.
 

Deric

New member
Just putting it out there... I picked up a purple Onde Onde at Fred Tuckers about a month ago. Price was R115 (I think). :)
 

cougar

New member
Hey Neilg , whats happening! Went on that trip to Mozi's and had one cast with a purple onde onde and was straight into a big tuna.. didnt land him though had light light flick stick and plenty sharks around so had to really pull him , eventually snapped! Nway, i know you said the purple one is excellent for shad , if i remember correctly? Is the 80g or 100g better  when targeting shad ??
 

GENO77

New member
Hey Cougar, it sounds like you are planning a trip to shad country. How was the rest of Canda? Can't wait to go again...  Don't forget those bucktails and Spro Swimming lures on your next trip.
 

Attachments

  • 26022009(013).jpg
    26022009(013).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 332

cougar

New member
GENO... boet whats happening?? Good to hear from you agian!! Shit i wish i was planning another Canda trip but unfortunatly not hey.. Just going down to the South Coast for Easter to get stuck into the shad! Heard they coming out thick!! You pulling in?

You wont believe it , after you guys left we got 2 days fishing in, got some couta and more tuna bt then the wind picked up the Monday night and blew untill we left on Sat so no fishing! Couldnt even fish from the side!! Will sent you a pic of what the sea looked like! We had gale force wind we couldnt actually sleep outside at night caus was blowing the tables etc over! Not cool but thats part of it!!

Whens your next trip??

 
 

GENO77

New member
Looking to go in October. I don't think we will have the same experience as this trip, it was amazing. Had a  fish braai the other day and the guys are still raving about that week. Should have made a dvd.

The sea can get a bit rough. We had that on the Monday....good waves for the jetski!!!

Enjoy the South Coast. Will be down there end of May. Don't know what the fishing is like there that time of year.
 

Attachments

  • 25022009(010).jpg
    25022009(010).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 327

neilg

Sealiner
cougar wrote:
Hey Neilg , whats happening! Went on that trip to Mozi's and had one cast with a purple onde onde and was straight into a big tuna.. didnt land him though had light light flick stick and plenty sharks around so had to really pull him , eventually snapped! Nway, i know you said the purple one is excellent for shad , if i remember correctly? Is the 80g or 100g better  when targeting shad ??

I mainly use the 100mm one, only reason was becaue I couldn't get my hands on the smaller one.

I acquired two 80mm ones from a friend, just before he passed away, I don't have the heart to use them yet. Too much value in them !!

But be it 80mm or 100mm, THEY GOOD::S
 

cougar

New member
Thanks Neilg.. i wouldnt have the heart to use them either!! Got an 80gram and 100 gram on sat so will give them both a bash!
 

fluid

New member
I think I might have bought the last Onde Onda in the South Cape 14/04/2009 at Mosselbaai.
The email address indicated on the packet is http://www.yamaria.co.jp. So, if anybody wants to contact them, please go ahead. I did send an email, whether they will answer me is another story. Will however keep you guys posted.
 

fluid

New member
Can you believe it, a Masakazu Tani of the Yamaria Corporation actually answered my email, regarding the Onde Onda lures. Kingfisher in Durban is the Distributor of their lures. Yamaria do not manufacture the Onde Ondas anymore but Kingfisher apparently orderd a huge quantity just before they closed the production line.  
Hope that`ll help.

031 368 3903
 

SAfish

Sealiner
@Neilg - Maybe you could arrange with them to manufacture the Ondas in RSA. Under licence of the Yamaria Corporation. You certainly did all the advertising needed for such a venture! :hyst::hyst::hyst: :lol:1

It would be a shame if they become "extinct". I will have to try and make a replica of mine.
 

fluid

New member
If you look at http://www.yamaria.co.jp , there are a lot of nice new lures "velli velli" much like the Ondes. I suspect we should not get too desperate. What I dont understand is why they do not import all those goodies?

Anyway, may have their reasons and I`m no businessman.
 

Vossie

New member
I have just bought two purple (code KIG) onda's at Western Accesories in Cape Town.

1 x 85mm - R101.00

1 x 100mm - R121.50
 

J_Bay

Sealiner
Sorry Guys, I'm new to lure fishing in the sea, only done it a couple times.

Why do you guys think that the Purple Onde is so deadly...I have been trying to think of purple bait fish, and I can't. What makes the purple such a good colour?
 

Vossie

New member
J_Bay

Personally I have not used the purple ones as yet but I was told that they are deadly for shad. I am sure some other guys will respond with their reasons for the purple color.
 
Top