Fluid Bamba - Rudder has arrived

oomfaan

Senior Member
I already use a Fluid Chumani and I try to fish here in Melkbos amongst the kelp for cob. I had to add a fish box as the Chumani don't have a fish hatch. But I was quite impressed with what I saw at the boat show. She looks like everything one wants in a fishing boat. Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to test drive one.
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
It's a nice looking Kayak I must say, the only thing I don't like are the hatch covers... It's not much cheaper than the Bamba, it does however look shorter and not as wide. Oomfaan do they sell this Kayak with a seat?
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
As with anything, the better you take care of it the longer it will last and a plastic Kayak is no different...

Look if you are going to leave your Kayak out in the Sun the whole day and store it outside where the elements can give it a 'hiding' then it definitely won't age well. But with correct storage and just generally 'looking after' your Kayak the materials will do fine.

There's guys in America who have had there's Kayaks for 10-15 years without any problems.

Once you done for the day and not planning to go out again for a while then just give it a wash with some soapy water, a good rinse and store out of direct sunlight, all should be fine. This will definitely apply even more with regards to salt water.

An important thing to remember is not to store your Kayak on it's hull, always store it on it's side or better even still, hang your Kayak on it's sides with straps.

Here's also a few good tips...

http://www.outdooreyes.com/takecarekayak.php3

http://www.smart-start-kayaking.com/Kayak-Care.html

http://www.nimbuskayaks.com/KayakCare.htm

http://www.roscocanoes.com.au/FAQ%60s/Care%20%20Repair/Kayak%20owner%60s%20manual-243.aspx

As for the length of this specific Kayak, well I would have to hit the surf with it and tell you, the proof is in the pudding, I mean the paddling... :kaykak

 

 
 

woerman

Senior Member
surfaMIKE wrote:
Ag it just adds reassurance that if your ski ever falls off your car you can sleep sound knowing that if a car goes over it, it will still be functional

It actually happened to my Bamba.  Going 140 km/h the roofrack broke and there was lift-off.  The kayak flew though the air, hit the tar and skidded to a stop next to the road.  It has a few scratches but no real damage.
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
As this pic shows, sometimes the Sun is the last of your concerns... lol.

This is an actual picture from Alaska !!!!!!!
He is in the whales MOUTH!!!!

34j9e15.jpg


Incredible picture taken in Sitka.

The photo was taken at the entrance to Katlian Bay at the end of the road in Sitka. The whale is coming up to scoop up a mouthful of herring (the small fish seen at the surface around the kayak). The kayaker is a local Sitka Dentist...

Yep, that is me in the picture. Yep, that is a whale that was just around the corner from the ferry terminal.

"Paddle really fast" is the only thing I could think of at the time...

Also thinking that I don't look like a herring, don't smell like a herring but with the same herring instinct of "get the hell out of the way of that big mouth!!".

Still living to tell yet another story... Rich Kraft

Sitka ’s very own Dr. Richard Kraft during one of his routine oral examinations:
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
zulu-X-treme wrote:
It's a nice looking Kayak I must say, the only thing I don't like are the hatch covers... It's not much cheaper than the Bamba, it does however look shorter and not as wide. Oomfaan do they sell this Kayak with a seat?
Yes, apparently it comes with the seat as well as the rudder system and 3 rodholders. It has a bulkhead in the middle and the whole front half is part of the fish hatch.
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
oomfaan wrote:
zulu-X-treme wrote:
It's a nice looking Kayak I must say, the only thing I don't like are the hatch covers... It's not much cheaper than the Bamba, it does however look shorter and not as wide. Oomfaan do they sell this Kayak with a seat?
Yes, apparently it comes with the seat as well as the rudder system and 3 rodholders. It has a bulkhead in the middle and the whole front half is part of the fish hatch.
That's sounds like a good deal Oomfaan.
 
To add to the "things you would not ordinarily do to your kayak" Check out this link of the Pinnacle fishing Ski.  (Fibreglass Construction)

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/iHXLr8znvnw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
 
Top