Fluid Bamba - Rudder has arrived

ps. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR STEALTH's PLASTIC KAYAK... been talk about it for some time as well.

Another article worth reading... might change the whole plastic vs. fibreglass debate
http://kayak.terapad.com/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.dwzhgeznpaxpagiz&pageId=237755
 

Andre Laas

Sealiner
PH wrote:
When considering the purchasing of your first kayak, it is very difficult to determine what your needs will be.

My choice nearly resulted in a divorce LOL.

see

http://sketse-grepe.blogspot.com/

 
PH... that story had me in stitches..... I can fully associate with admiring new lures in traffic and removing hooks from clothes as a result of divided attention! That is one of the reasons for going barbless on just about all my hooks (apart from the fact that it is better for fish to be released). Thanks for that!
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
I think this article needs some comments from the Stealth owners... http://www.kayakanglermag.com/features/780-a-rocket-sled-arrives.html
 

PH

Senior Member
I've seen the Splash on the water (and lifted it). It is amazingly light. 18 kg.

To save weight, many of the "std " features like hatches, etc.  had to be left out and I agree it is not an ideal fishing kayak for hard-core kayak fishermen like yourself.

If I had the money, I would certainly buy it. I don't really fish all that much from my kayak due to age (60) and cannot launch from the the beach like the strong young guys do. I cannot help but envy them, but I love kayaking and the Splash would suit my needs perfectly, general "touring", and fishing at vetchies, estuaries, dams, etc.

At my age I need the kayak as light as possible.

I am also building 2 Cedar strip kayaks (plans courtesy Stealth) which def. cannot be used in the surf and are intended for touring and general "messing about" on the water.

To each his own, I guess but as has been said many times, different kayaks for different applications.

I'm enjoying your updates on the Bamba and look forward to see your catches.

 
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
I'm only heading home in late January so for the moment I'm just dreaming of 'catches'... I'm stuck in the desert for 6 months, so you can just imagine how I long for the ocean... :(
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
YA! It would be like that... lol. When I was called up for my National Service they sent me to Bethlehem of all places, from Richards Bay to there, hottest to coldest.

Now here I am surrounded by sand and more sand as far as the eye can see, after spending my childhood and all my adult life in the Bay surrounded by the ocean... ::cavmn
 

Andre Laas

Sealiner
LOL..... more confusion is all we need now hey!!!

Thing is, for me the choice at this stage is between those two.....
Not that it is all that I am looking at, but:
The stealth can take my 7ft Trevala, and with the Bamba I will not hesitate to negotiate some river white-waters to get to my favorite spots!
 

Andre Laas

Sealiner
Maybe we as kayak anglers (and aspiring kayak anglers like me) should design the "perfect" kayak here and then point the various manufacturers to the design concept. I know all kayaks will never agree on materials, but the general shape, lay-out and features can probably be reproduced in any material.....

...or am I just a crazy day-dreamer right now?
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Found this brilliant link... Concise and invaluable in respect to this thread... http://www.kayakshops.com/waterwalker_articles/rudder_v_skeg.htm
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
Ek wil nou nie 'n nat waslap wees en 'n spanner in die works gooi nie, maar was nogal impressed met 'n kayak wat ek by die boot skou gesien het, die escape 12 van Riot kayaks. Lyk of dit alles het wat hier gesoek word, en dan is dit nog plastic ook.
 

Attachments

  • Riot.JPG
    Riot.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 348
Top