Fluid Bamba - Rudder has arrived

prokayak

New member
surfaMIKE wrote:
Ag it just adds reassurance that if your ski ever falls off your car you can sleep sound knowing that if a car goes over it, it will still be functional

Ask Woerman.......happened to him.

After the mishap, we went fishing

 
 

woerman

Senior Member
prokayak wrote:
surfaMIKE wrote:
Ag it just adds reassurance that if your ski ever falls off your car you can sleep sound knowing that if a car goes over it, it will still be functional

Ask Woerman.......happened to him.

After the mishap, we went fishing

 

Eish, don't remind me about that day!!!!

Roofrack broke and Bamba went flying down the N4 at 140km/h. It had a few scratches but its still going 100%
 

kreefvreter

New member
Hi Zulu from another newbie and reading this kayak section with a lot of interest. Have you fitted the rudder yet and has it improved the handeling? I also like the kayak sail as I am going on to 60 :fishnstywe lyne:wfish
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Howzit guys... At the moment I own 2 plastics, a Fluid Bamba (without rudder) and a Tarpon140 (with rudder)... I'm not the heaviest guy so the difference is negligible, and with the fact that the Tarpon cuts the water much more efficiently than the Bamba it's difficult to say.

Although having said that a friend of mine weighs in at approx. 140kg's/6', his Bamba has a rudder and it's like chalk and cheese... Being a large fella his craft 'sits' deeper in the water and the rudder makes a massive difference especially in the wind and big swells.

Look there are times when the wind is howling and it makes for a tough paddle, not to mention the dificulty in keeping a straight 'line'. What I then tend to do is shift/lengthen my blade more to the one side, allowing for a more powerful 'pull/crank' on the side where it's needed. It's not the best method but it works for me. Unfortuantely it does take longer to cover the same distance compared to a craft with a rudder.

I hope this helps gents.
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
zulu-X-treme wrote:
Look there are times when the wind is howling and it makes for a tough paddle, not to mention the dificulty in keeping a straight 'line'. What I then tend to do is shift/lengthen my blade more to the one side, allowing for a more powerful 'pull/crank' on the side where it's needed. It's not the best method but it works for me. Unfortuantely it does take longer to cover the same distance compared to a craft with a rudder.

I hope this helps gents.
That may be true, but why did I get the kayak in the first place? To race oe to get some exercise?
 

swarley81

New member
Thank you for the replies gentlemen, I ordered mine last week :)

http://www.sealine.co.za/view_topic.php?id=85110&forum_id=26
 

rob coram

New member
Hi Guys,

I have a Fluid Bamba for sale, separate brand new rudder not fitted yet, Stealth paddle with a leash, seat from Brian's, the boat is fitted with an anchor trolley and anchor, 4 rod holders, and a life jacket.
Working outfit for serious fishing!
R9500-00
:wfish
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Good morning gents...

Great news, the upgraded Bamba is out...

  • Double the in-hull storage space with new center hatch design.[/*]
  • Improved resurfacing during surf launches due to peaked deck design.[/*]
  • Redesigned foot area with non slip foam ensures effortless casting while standing.[/*]
  • 4kg lighter!
[/*]
I must say the new centre hatch design certainly is an improvement and any craft lighter can only make life easier.

 
 

Attachments

  • 1198.jpg
    1198.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 156

Kylezn

New member
Hi Guys

What sort of average speed could you expect to get from the bamba in comparision to say the supalite x average speed?

I have got a fluid chumani that i use for dam fishing and go out to sea with now and then but its a bit slow for trawling looking at either keeping the chumani for the dams and buying a fibre glass kayak for the sea or selling the chumani and getting a bamba for everything.

Also how much does the bamba weigh now that its 4kg lighter?
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Kylezn wrote:
What sort of average speed could you expect to get from the bamba in comparison to say the supalite x average speed?

Also how much does the bamba weigh now that its 4kg lighter?

The Supalite (as per the name) is much lighter and the hull design is significantly different resulting in a craft that is certainly faster than the Bamba... The manufacturing materials are completely different and each have their own merits, strengths, negatives and positives...

As for the weight, make no mistake the Bamba is heavy (approx 30kg's), to say that 4kg will make a difference, possibly. Will it make a substantial difference once all your kit is loaded and you are paddling, I do not think so.

I must say once my lines are in the water and I'm paddling (in my zone), I'm completely happy with the speed of my Bamba, I've caught stacks of fish while trolling and I think splitting hairs over which speed will produce the most hook ups is counter productive. It comes down to which craft you want or feel is most suited for you but agreed the Chumani is not ideal for trolling...
 

Attachments

  • Chumani vs Bamba.JPG
    Chumani vs Bamba.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 88

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Talking about hull designs... I actually think the new Bamba's hull is shaped slightly differently as compared to the original design, however I could be speaking under correction.
 
Top