Andre Laas
Sealiner
Thanks for all the info guys! I am still just in the phase of doing homework, and will be for another while. It does not necessarily make the choice easier, but there are some very valuable and insightful views and information coming out, which is always nice to have.
In an ideal world I would have taken one of each, one for fishing in the surf and one for fishing the the bay, lagoons, dams, rivers etc.
Just to add one more thing that I have heard...... The Wilderness systems Tarpon angler series of plastic kayaks is probably the best know plastic fishing kayaks out there, and I was 100% sure that that was the kayak that I was going for, even if it meant i had to save a bit longer etc.etc. On "calmer" "flatter" "more protected" waters, the plastics got awesome reviews However, I then heard similar stories about it not being ideal for the SA surf in terms of punching waves, and quick bursts of speed to outrun waves etc. I would however think that the plastics would be a slightly better choice as all rounder egg beater for use on a variety of waters. For pure surf fishing with a lot of active trolling and generally bigger distances to cover both getting to the water over the beach, and on the water to get to the right spots etc, I think the lighter, faster, fiberglass ski's are tops. (Again, I am not even a newbie as my only experience comes from canoe-fishing on the Vaal
)
PH, Thanks for the offer! I will definitely chat to you about that at some stage.
In an ideal world I would have taken one of each, one for fishing in the surf and one for fishing the the bay, lagoons, dams, rivers etc.
Just to add one more thing that I have heard...... The Wilderness systems Tarpon angler series of plastic kayaks is probably the best know plastic fishing kayaks out there, and I was 100% sure that that was the kayak that I was going for, even if it meant i had to save a bit longer etc.etc. On "calmer" "flatter" "more protected" waters, the plastics got awesome reviews However, I then heard similar stories about it not being ideal for the SA surf in terms of punching waves, and quick bursts of speed to outrun waves etc. I would however think that the plastics would be a slightly better choice as all rounder egg beater for use on a variety of waters. For pure surf fishing with a lot of active trolling and generally bigger distances to cover both getting to the water over the beach, and on the water to get to the right spots etc, I think the lighter, faster, fiberglass ski's are tops. (Again, I am not even a newbie as my only experience comes from canoe-fishing on the Vaal
)PH, Thanks for the offer! I will definitely chat to you about that at some stage.