Recent content by morne.smith

  1. M

    Calling all the experts

    Hi All So much to learn.... Can any advise on which bait is the best to use in the following places: 1. Klein Brak River - at the mouth...and a bit further up? 2. Gauritz River - From the mouth to the low water bridge. 3. Groot Brak River - at the mouth up to the town. 4. Knysa estuary I...
  2. M

    Wann Flyfish but don't know how?

    Good day Everyone I want to take up fly fishing....BUT don;t know where to go...or where to start? Had a look at Mias (Woodmead) today for some "gear" but was totally in the deep end. Can anyone help to steer me in the right direction....I want to get some "training" for me and my laaitie...
  3. M

    Hi all I just got a great contact for SAMSA app

    Hi all I just got a great contact for SAMSA approved foam to improve the buoyancy of a boat. It is CLOSED CELL FOAM....so this stuff should really improve the boat. It is cost effective as well. Plus minus R 40/kg. PM me / Let me know if you are interested.
  4. M

    Boating locations

    Hi all New to the boat thing....I am looking for some info on where you can go with a boat...Ie either leisure or fishing. Are will be from Jhb plus minus 200-300Km. I know the following: 1. Vaaldam 2. Vaal Rivier 3. Hartebeespoort dam Burning questions: 1. Where can you launch the boat...
  5. M

    Asking the impossible?

    Hi all I am looking for plans for a 14' Sportmans Cabin boat...I am repairing one and need some guidelines? Thanks.
  6. M

    Trailer redo

    Hi all I have a trailer that I need to redo and I have the following questions: 1. Should i galvanize it? If so where is the cheapest around JHB? 2. Can I just give it a good painting....obviously sanding and treating all the rust spots etc. What paint will be the best to use.....I know...
  7. M

    Outboard for sportmans cabin

    Hi I am looking for an outboard motor....for my 14' sportmans cabin boat. What are the pitfalls I should be looking out for. I know the following: 1. It must be short shaft 2. 40-60Hp.....60Hp if I want to to do skiing...my kids might want ot? 3. Must have controls with...as I only have...
  8. M

    Sportmans cabin boat

    Hi I recently bought a Sportmans cabin boat via my uncle....it needs a bit of work but i am looking forward to doing most myself. I am looking for some advise with the following: 1. Cutting/repairing fibre glass panels etc. 2. Getting parts IE: rails, stainless steel or plastic hinges...
Top