Let me start by saying that I was very sceptical a

Shuffles

Senior Member
khan wrote:
The Chase Bullet Spoons.

These have been chased all around Kzn recently. Kingies cant leave them alone and shad just love them as well.

The workmanship on these are brilliant, quality swivels as well and mustad ultra thin big gun hooks used.
Anyone know where one might find these in CPT? Have not seen them in any of the tackle shops, or have I just done a bad job of looking?
 

steve m

Sealiner
Shuffles wrote:
khan wrote:
The Chase Bullet Spoons.

These have been chased all around Kzn recently. Kingies cant leave them alone and shad just love them as well.

The workmanship on these are brilliant, quality swivels as well and mustad ultra thin big gun hooks used.
Anyone know where one might find these in CPT? Have not seen them in any of the tackle shops, or have I just done a bad job of looking?
Havent seen them either...
 

nicos

Senior Member
Some more pictures of different Chase spoons. These ones have the lumo strips on the one side, they glow like you can't believe!
 

Attachments

  • P1000225.JPG
    P1000225.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 717

wp34

Sealiner
Hey, you guys are spoilt for choice in KZN. In Slaapstad we only get Garrick and Shad!! Nice fish there nicos!
 

nicos

Senior Member
Ja, wish it was me catching all those fish, but it is mostly Rob, the guy who designed the spoon.
 

GENO77

New member
Nico, great photos. What rod did the guy in the last pic use? I'm looking for something similar so want to get as much info as possible.
 

neilg

Sealiner
All spoons work for predatory fish, the biggest problem is getting the PROPER action out of them and choosing the right colour for the conditions.

The painted spoons look good, still need to give them a try, just wonder how long the paint lasts ... ?
 
Great thread. Thanks for all the useful info and photos guys. I've been wanting to get back into spooning for Elf for a while now, but since it was 20 years ago that I last span for Elf off the Harmony reefs (with great success I might add) I've completely lost touch! What I do remember was that spoons with brass on one side worked very well. I was scratching around at the Fishing Specialist yesterday and couldn't find one spoon with brass in it. Is this no longer popular and why?
 
One more thing, I notice that you guys are all using single hooks. Most of the spoons off the shelf are rigged with trebles. Should I be removing them and replacing with singles rather?
 

JasonF

Sealiner
Chris Shelton wrote:
Great thread. Thanks for all the useful info and photos guys. I've been wanting to get back into spooning for Elf for a while now, but since it was 20 years ago that I last span for Elf off the Harmony reefs (with great success I might add) I've completely lost touch! What I do remember was that spoons with brass on one side worked very well. I was scratching around at the Fishing Specialist yesterday and couldn't find one spoon with brass in it. Is this no longer popular and why?
Chris just double check with Keith. I went there yesterday and purchased some Iron Candy's. If I am not mistaken the spoons with the one side brass and the other side chrome was hanging in the wrong area. He should be able to check on his stock list. I polished mine up last night.
 
Loomisx5 wrote:
Chris Shelton wrote:
Great thread. Thanks for all the useful info and photos guys. I've been wanting to get back into spooning for Elf for a while now, but since it was 20 years ago that I last span for Elf off the Harmony reefs (with great success I might add) I've completely lost touch! What I do remember was that spoons with brass on one side worked very well. I was scratching around at the Fishing Specialist yesterday and couldn't find one spoon with brass in it. Is this no longer popular and why?
Chris just double check with Keith. I went there yesterday and purchased some Iron Candy's. If I am not mistaken the spoons with the one side brass and the other side chrome was hanging in the wrong area. He should be able to check on his stock list. I polished mine up last night.
Thanks very much!

Makes good sense going single and barbless for C&R. Nice to hear you guys are practicing it! :)
 
Top