Hi chaps I am wanting to start a thread for East

getafix

Member
Must be one of the easiest launches around. You cruise out with an out going current through a channel.

Come on, join us. :wfish

Gareth
 

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
ok keen, where can I meet you guys & what time? would 2 chokka tubes be enough?

pls pm me you number and I'll give you a call to arrange the finer details?
 

getafix

Member
We went out on Saturday morning. Not very successful with only 2 x hammerheads and a few barble.

Water was on the cooler side and a very emerald green colour.

Although paddling around 7kms in total, it was great to be out again.
 

getafix

Member
I agree, very quiet. I work every second weekend and when I am off, it's family time or the weather is foul.

But I am keen to paddle again sometime.
 

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
Mate faded, so I went with my brother in law for a R&S sesh. Did you ever go to that kayak compo up north Rob?(ant recall the name now) if so, how was it?
 

Hylton

New member
Hi Guys

I gather by the distinct lack of posts in the last few months that your winter here was as bleak as mine. Cold fronts, wind, rain and big seas? I had all of the above minus the big seas, more like iced up lake waters. Lesotho project is now done so hopefully I will e able to get back onto the water soon.

So when would suit everyone to do a big group outing? I think it would be a good idea to see who is still fishing and I am really missing the feel of a solid bend in the rod.

Gareth: How up to date is your yakkers contact list?

This is where I was through the winter, trout farm at Katse dam.
 

Attachments

  • Fingerling Nursery Snow July 2011.jpg
    Fingerling Nursery Snow July 2011.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 137

Malgas

Senior Member
Hylton, hi I am interested to know how the trout fishing is developing at Katse Dam? I fished at the confluence of the Malimabatse and Bonkong rivers just before the Dam was constructed. Now 180m under water! We caught some wild trout- rainbow.
 

robert.venter

Senior Member
I am looking at the weather and sea permitting I would like to paddle on Sunday morning. Wind looks fine, it is just the sea condition.
Anyone else keen?
 

collins

New member
ok, no problem i am going with a buddu of mine, would of been nice to meet up with you, goodluck on sunday if you go out thought, maybe next time.

Thanks

Troy
 

collins

New member
ok, no problem i am going with a buddu of mine, would of been nice to meet up with you, goodluck on sunday if you go out thought, maybe next time.

Thanks

Troy
 

collins

New member
ok, no problem i am going with a buddu of mine, would of been nice to meet up with you, goodluck on sunday if you go out thought, maybe next time.

Thanks

Troy
 
Top