Hi chaps I am wanting to start a thread for East

getafix

Member
Flip, the last time I paddled was in May. Working 7 days a week now in December.

So maybe only in the new year. PLease post pics if you catch, it helps keep us motivated.

:kaykak
 

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
PC160319.jpg
PC160324.jpg
PC160325.jpg
PC160328.jpg
 

robert.venter

Senior Member
Hey, Leigh from Cape Town joined me for a gooi at Chinsta West Yesterday and Leigh landed this beauty, well done mate ! !
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20120103-00043.jpg
    IMG-20120103-00043.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 222

robert.venter

Senior Member
We also managed to catch some smaller Poensies and some smaller Red Romans. Wind was a bit of an issue, but I don't think Leigh is to unhappy with the result.

A great day out all in all.
 

Hylton

New member
Hey all. So I have a leak in my boat! Any suggestions on who I can contact for a repair job?

Was out off Cove Rock for a quick morning paddle, managed a nice 3kg englishman but found i was sitting very low in the water and pitching heavily.

End result was a very fast paddle back to shore to dump 60L of water.

Any help would be great!
 

Hylton

New member
Thanks Rob.
That is exactly what was suggested to me by another mate, so by the sounds of it they are the people to go to
 

Hylton

New member
Does anyone here know where a spot called the fence is? Somewhere between yellowsands and Glen Muir from what I understand but that is a lot of water to try and cover on a ski.

I figure it must be quite a well known spot from the way it is openly talked about.
 

Hylton

New member
Surgery as yet incomplete I have been hellishly busy so have not even been able to take the boat in yet! Bad me!
 

Hylton

New member
Nothing from my side unfortunately
First attempts at self repair were not good so time to let the pros do it.
 

Pixel_Ninja

Sealiner
Hylton wrote:
Nothing from my side unfortunately
First attempts at self repair were not good so time to let the pros do it.
Not that the leak stopped you from fishing as you spent the better part of an hour out fishing after you first noticed the leak! :p

P1000596_1024x768.jpg


P1000597_1024x768.jpg


P1000599_1024x768.jpg


P1000602_768x1024.jpg


The write up of the trip can be found here: http://www.fishingec.co.za/index.php/component/content/article/37-saltwater-catches/140-great-el-fishing-ski-session
 

Malgas

Senior Member
Hey JP great trip write-up. I really want to encourage you to submit it to Go Fish mag as it is a good representation of East London Paddle ski fishing. If you want, I can assist as it's great to have EC coverage- just PM me and I am very willing to give you all the contacts and assistance you need. You write well and the photos seem of good quality which is a major factor for them in terms of publishing. It will be great to have more from this side of the world!
 

Malgas

Senior Member
Hey JP great trip write-up. I really want to encourage you to submit it to Go Fish mag as it is a good representation of East London Paddle ski fishing. If you want, I can assist as it's great to have EC coverage- just PM me and I am very willing to give you all the contacts and assistance you need. You write well and the photos seem of good quality which is a major factor for them in terms of publishing. It will be great to have more from this side of the world!
 

Hylton

New member
Well I couldnt let you have all the fun! Not that I caught much of any consequence, and it would have been a shame to miss Darrin nearly being pulled off his ski especially with him being a little unstable already !! ::titanic:
 
Top