Hi chaps I am wanting to start a thread for East

robert.venter

Senior Member
Had a lekka fishing trip on Sat Morning at Cintsa West. Launched a bit late (10am), but that did not deter the fishing. Managed to land a lekka +-6.5Kg Poensie and lunch was served.
Went out Yesterday off Gonubie point. Launched at 13:00, hooked one small poensie and one of +- 5kg. Both released with a smile. Spotted a nice size shark swimming around, but moved on its own way. Great fun out on the Slummies Coast line.
 

robert.venter

Senior Member
Hey

Anyone keen for an early paddle on Sat. I have to be off the water by 09:00, so it will be an early launch to get some action. Will be launching from Gonubs beach
 

Hylton

New member
Rory, did you manage to get out over the weekend? Well more to the point did anyone?
I paddled in the wind from Cintsa on Sunday. Generally stayed shallow as the current and the wind were doing different things.
Managed some small poensies an roman as well as two yellow bellies.
First time I have been out in months and likely to be the first for a while. 7 Months work in Lesotho from some time in the next two weeks.
 

ShaneW

New member
Hi guys...

I'm hoping the weather will be good this weekend... keen to launch at kwelega and try a few spots. A 38kg copper would be nice, got my 8/0 ready :)
 

RoryC

New member
Hey Hylton - no we chickened out based on the weather report on friday - should have made an attempt as sat mornings sea looked ok... taking windguru off my favorites as we speak!
 

robert.venter

Senior Member
Hey Guys, who is upo for a paddle on Sunday, Weather looking good!
I am keen to go either off Gonubie heading towards Kwelega or hitting Cintsa West's waters?
Early luanch, say 06:00 on the water!
 

ShaneW

New member
Weather forecast looking really good for both Sat and Sun !!!

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/east_london
 

ShaneW

New member
robert.venter wrote:
I reckon we hit Cintsa West, as there are some nice reefs for black steenbras and Red roman
I'm gonna be launching from kwelega mouth on the high tide (6.30am) and moving over to cintsa bay and thats exactly what I'll be targeting. Apparently Kwelega ski boat club are having a compo so there will be quite a few guys out there.
 

ShaneW

New member
Cool... I'm not brave enough to be on a ski though, I'll be in my rubber duckie :)

I'll keep an eye out and say howzit !
 
Top