Has anybody ever caught snoek from a fishingski? H

dasijoe

Member
I just arrived back from Joburg - so wish I could have joined you today Oom Faan! Did you have any luck?

Hoping to get to Buffels one day this week and looking forward to next weekend.. :)
 
It seems the snoek are sitting on the western seaboard for now. I went past Buffels yesterday, no signs of boats anywhere...

We'll just have to hold on for a while. The SE might bring them around the point
 

shafiek

New member
I think if we get the weather exactly right we should get them in buffles, did u guys manage to get any chokka in the meantime?
 

Patrick

Sealiner
The water in table bay yesterday was definitely doable for skis, but yes the fish are too far out to reach. They are moving quite a bit with the baitfish that is present so you never know. Its predicted to be a calm week weatherwise.
 

Dorado75

Sealiner
the snoek are not too far off from Buffles, one or two boats got quite a few out on Rocky bank today....... I recon in the coming weeks they going to be there!
 

Johnny Stander

New member
Does any one know where the snoek is and is any one keen on going for snoek saturday morning, condition is looking good for  Three Anchor Bay???
 

Stiffy2

New member
I'm considering buying a secondhand stealth tomorrow, just need to figure out how to transport it. If I get it I will be there for sure.
 

oomfaan

Senior Member
Just remember we were blessed and spoilt on Saturday with perfect weather. Don't know it the weather will be as good this Saturday.
 

Press On

New member
Johnny Stander wrote:
Does any one know where the snoek is and is any one keen on going for snoek saturday morning, condition is looking good for  Three Anchor Bay???
the best way to find out is to put your line in the water. maybe im in on saterday. what time ??
 

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
Sat might be the better day. Wind looks a bit up for sunday.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/table_bay

Unfortunately nobody knows where the snoek are after this weeks storm. Most of the people was blown off the water today, but you might get a few snoek in the same places they were last weekend.

Cape Point / Buffels is also an option because you always get a few snoek in the bay.
 
Top