Great White caught in net of trekker

jb2

Sealiner
rofflign wrote:
these guys went out way past the backline, anyone in his right mind knows that that's where your large predators are..stupid bunch of w$%^#rs!! I said to Ray they're looking for k@k,hopefully next time the shark will hole the net and teach them a lesson!

Hi rofflign

You don't say where the harders were holding. I have trouble spotting them so I am impressed if you cold see them!

The guys have been fishing for a long time and white sharks are rarely landed. The whites usually do tear through the nets.

If the fish are deep then they have to go deep. I am not convinced that this makes them w@#$rs.

The danger with your statement is more the harm that it holds for anglers targeting sharks in the area.

Keep in mind the stuff up with the definition of "fishing" in the Marine Living Resources Act. If it is likely that you could catch a white shark then you are deemed to be fishing for a white shark.

Your statement is a dangerous double edged sword!
 

Whaler

Sealiner
jb2 wrote:
rofflign wrote:
these guys went out way past the backline, anyone in his right mind knows that that's where your large predators are..stupid bunch of w$%^#rs!! I said to Ray they're looking for k@k,hopefully next time the shark will hole the net and teach them a lesson!

Hi rofflign

You don't say where the harders were holding. I have trouble spotting them so I am impressed if you cold see them!

The guys have been fishing for a long time and white sharks are rarely landed. The whites usually do tear through the nets.

If the fish are deep then they have to go deep. I am not convinced that this makes them w@#$rs.

The danger with your statement is more the harm that it holds for anglers targeting sharks in the area.

Keep in mind the stuff up with the definition of "fishing" in the Marine Living Resources Act. If it is likely that you could catch a white shark then you are deemed to be fishing for a white shark.

Your statement is a dangerous double edged sword!
 i agree with JB here they could just aswell have picked that shark up in the midbrake! that is were they feed anyway! i've seen them 10 meters from shore, as long as they are released safely, no harm.
 

Ray Hall

Senior Member
jb2 wrote:
rofflign wrote:
these guys went out way past the backline, anyone in his right mind knows that that's where your large predators are..stupid bunch of w$%^#rs!! I said to Ray they're looking for k@k,hopefully next time the shark will hole the net and teach them a lesson!

Hi rofflign

You don't say where the harders were holding. I have trouble spotting them so I am impressed if you cold see them!

The guys have been fishing for a long time and white sharks are rarely landed. The whites usually do tear through the nets.

If the fish are deep then they have to go deep. I am not convinced that this makes them w@#$rs.

The danger with your statement is more the harm that it holds for anglers targeting sharks in the area.

Keep in mind the stuff up with the definition of "fishing" in the Marine Living Resources Act. If it is likely that you could catch a white shark then you are deemed to be fishing for a white shark.

Your statement is a dangerous double edged sword!
well there was no fish deep...

Anyways...these guys was OUT VERY VERY FAR !!!!! the only thing you are going to net is TROUBLE !!!!!
 

Raggieman

Senior Member
lets stir a bit

recretioanl anglers are told to cut their line the moment you realize that you have accidently hooked a GW why not the same for trek netters

and then should an angler land one and release it successfully then everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and flogg the angler - double standards

use it dont use I dont care
 

Ray Hall

Senior Member
i know the shark was released....

its still not a good sight to see....
 

Attachments

  • DSC02787.JPG
    DSC02787.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 134

jb2

Sealiner
Raggieman wrote:
lets stir a bit

recretioanl anglers are told to cut their line the moment you realize that you have accidently hooked a GW why not the same for trek netters

and then should an angler land one and release it successfully then everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and flogg the angler - double standards

use it dont use I dont care

Hi Raggieman

Have a look at the previous posts on the issues with landing white sharks. It turns on a very wide definition of "fishing". The last thing a trekker wants to catch is a large shark.

The only thing that a guy sliding a large tuna type bait out wants is a large shark.

The Marine Living Resources Act will be reviewed at some stage and it is something that might be looked at.

The irony is that the commercial fisheries are subject to this provision all the time. They are so used to being regulated that they don't make too much of a fuss about it!
 

Jonny69

New member
My 2c comment:
Our problem here in Durban is the same that you guys go through! People do not respect the ocean and its creatures! Sure we all love fishing and some of us make a living out if it, but why abuse???
I think that People are ignorant and require education!
Undersize fish, the murder of shraks, permeloen etc!
Educate and Conservate!!!!
 
Top