DD wrote:
Awesome stuff. Out of interest, what do they taste like? Is it similar to the Western Cape snoek? Similiar amount of bones?
Personally I could never understand why people go GAGA for WC snoek. Does not taste that wonderful and the amount of small bones makes eating it quite tricky.
Same species as down our way, thyrisites atun. Mabye you should try eating a fresh Snoek sometime and it might change your opinion on its taste or you not cooking it properly! In my opinion it is one of the nicest eating fish and I get to eat a lot of different fish fresh!
agreed.DD wrote:
Awesome stuff. Out of interest, what do they taste like? Is it similar to the Western Cape snoek? Similiar amount of bones?
Personally I could never understand why people go GAGA for WC snoek. Does not taste that wonderful and the amount of small bones makes eating it quite tricky.
Same species as down our way, thyrisites atun. Mabye you should try eating a fresh Snoek sometime and it might change your opinion on its taste or you not cooking it properly! In my opinion it is one of the nicest eating fish and I get to eat a lot of different fish fresh!
What's nutela? Some sort of fresh water carp bait?
Mahi mahi wrote:
DD wrote:
Awesome stuff. Out of interest, what do they taste like? Is it similar to the Western Cape snoek? Similiar amount of bones?
Personally I could never understand why people go GAGA for WC snoek. Does not taste that wonderful and the amount of small bones makes eating it quite tricky.
Same species as down our way, thyrisites atun. Mabye you should try eating a fresh Snoek sometime and it might change your opinion on its taste or you not cooking it properly! In my opinion it is one of the nicest eating fish and I get to eat a lot of different fish fresh!
LOL! Why do you assume I'm eating "vrot" snoek? Wow. I only ever tried it in Cape Town, prepared fresh by family members and friends of mine who have been snoek connoisseurs for decades.
I just don't like it. Plain and simple. I suppose its strange and I feel alone at times. Hell, I even met someone who does not like Nutella. Imagine that!
i hate the Wimpy adds...fluffy egg pillow...
I would be eeting snoek for the next month, haha, For the record i don't like Nutella either. hahaha b_r_a_a_iDD wrote:
Mahi mahi wrote:
DD wrote:
Awesome stuff. Out of interest, what do they taste like? Is it similar to the Western Cape snoek? Similiar amount of bones?
Personally I could never understand why people go GAGA for WC snoek. Does not taste that wonderful and the amount of small bones makes eating it quite tricky.
Same species as down our way, thyrisites atun. Mabye you should try eating a fresh Snoek sometime and it might change your opinion on its taste or you not cooking it properly! In my opinion it is one of the nicest eating fish and I get to eat a lot of different fish fresh!
LOL! Why do you assume I'm eating "vrot" snoek? Wow. I only ever tried it in Cape Town, prepared fresh by family members and friends of mine who have been snoek connoisseurs for decades.
I just don't like it. Plain and simple. I suppose its strange and I feel alone at times. Hell, I even met someone who does not like Nutella. Imagine that!
Sorry for assuming that you had not eaten fresh snoek before, I was just assuming this as most people that dislike snoek had never eaten snoek that was fresh or not pap, but as you said people like different things, hell most people rave about kob and elf and i dislike both, and I've eaten them big and small and in a few different ways, I also don't like red roman or Galjoen, and its not that i am not a fish lover, Ive been eating Dorado every day for the last 2 weeks now!
I don't like nutella either hahahaha
ooooohh, okayyyyyy, its a wiempie omelet!!!!!!