Shimano Trvala for spinning?

wp34

Sealiner
I bought myself a replacement for my Broken Loomis and Franklin. You guys think it will work for spinning?? It is supposed to be a jigging rod ,but, it has a nice action. Anybody using it already?

Brian
 

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
Best all round rods you can ever get. I have 2 and I am looking for my third. Currently have ML and MH and looking for a heavy one more for heavy boat fishing.
 

wp34

Sealiner
Schweet!!! Good to know!

Angus: Ja its the 7 foot.

Looking forward to Friday night, water is looking good.
 

sparky

Senior Member
wp, these are great rods and the 7ft med-light is particularly nice. flippin strong too- i know a guy who has landed several 20odd kilo gt's off a ski with this stick!
 

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
wp34 wrote:
I bought myself a replacement for my Broken Loomis and Franklin. You guys think it will work for spinning?? It is supposed to be a jigging rod ,but, it has a nice action. Anybody using it already?

Brian
The Trevela ML 7ft is perfect for spinning
 

Dorado75

Sealiner
Angus wrote:
Also have the ML....perfect for chokka as well.

Funny... i also use mine for chokka fishing! I have caught everything from snoek to kob, geelbek, sharks, roman, elf on it! I have even caught Galjoen with it from the side!

I need to get another one though!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hello WP34

I have two of them paried with Sustain 4000. Not sure that you would find a much better value for money set-up than that. I have one with 8 and the other 10lbs fireline. I have landed well over 150 leeries on these two set-ups. Fish from 1kg up to 9kg. I do fish off of a kayak so rod length not such an issue. Off of the rocks you should be able to handle fish in the 6-7kg range given that they do not get into some sort of rip.

I would look to throw slightly lighter plugs than 2 ounces. Not just for casting purposes but also for the action, given that there is little wind.

Kind regards

Anton
 

wp34

Sealiner
Riaan_The_Legend wrote:
What sort of weight spoon or plug would these rods throw? I've been eying them for a while now!
7 foot Power : medium light. Action : Medium Fast. Lure weight: 55-135 Grams. That is 55grams - 1.94 ounces to 135grams-4.76ounces. Just dont buy from tuckers!!:fbash
 

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
TFM is correct. Everybody is sold out of the spinning version and the new rod is made in the same factory as their Blue Rose rods , so they went and upped the price to R1035. If you can get old spinning stock take it as quickly as possible and if you see a extra heavy some place please let me know.

I only know of a few XX heavies floating around in some shops.
 

wp34

Sealiner
Eish!!! Went for a spin last night and should have bought the heavy!! Rod is a bit "pap" for my liking. Oh , anyway, too late now!!:fbash
 
Top