LURE FISHING THE SWARTKOPS.

onemorecast

New member
I will trade in 10 of those kob (that one in the pic was 64cm) for a skippy any day. And this one was no exceptional specimen either. At least not by local standards anyway.
 

smiley6996

Sealiner
Nice fish Leon hears a smaller version I got this morning half oz jig with a chartreuse jerk shad he swallowed it properly
 

Attachments

  • rat.jpg
    rat.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 500

Agrelek

New member
oday I decided to really try the buck tail jig which I have never really been a fan of having no success on any other lures after my 3rd cast I finally nailed my first leerie on a lure and o my did It run... It hit and bolted!!a hell of a fight and finally landed it on what the locals call a Gamtoos special (locals as I only moved here about 2 weeks ago)... 68cm caught in the swartkops and successfully released!! I would love to target skippies aswell but not sure where and what to use if anybody can help please much appreciated... Looking forward to catching a lot down here
 

Attachments

  • IMG00049-20140420-1620.jpg
    IMG00049-20140420-1620.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 443

SPIN A HOLIC

Sealiner
There's were some skips around today and the last few days. Not big guys but they are showing them selves
This one was landed on a 1/4oz jig head.
 

Attachments

  • Skippy%2015.jpg
    Skippy%2015.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 446

SPIN A HOLIC

Sealiner
That's really mooi fish.
I tried out a new lure today and its been waht I have been wanting for the estuaries fo some time.
My first victim wasn't quite the target species :)
 

Attachments

  • GOPR2849.jpg
    GOPR2849.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 437

SPIN A HOLIC

Sealiner
Then it was 2 casts later when the guy I was hoping to catch arrived. Think I landed in its mouth but it was 3 tweeks and ON!.
I must say I was chuffed to have a new lure do and deliver exactly what I was expecting it to do.
 

Attachments

  • Cob%20flat%20stick%20glider.jpg
    Cob%20flat%20stick%20glider.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 432

SPIN A HOLIC

Sealiner
Spoedvraat wrote:
Hey Spin....I heard you ran a "lure training camp" last year....when is the next one?
hi. It was a CARA clinic. Its about the species that live in the estuaries and their movement and life patterns with some advise on how to target and handel them for a safe release once you have landed them.

Been trying to book another one the last 6 months but time has not been friendly and the mate I do them with has had a hectic schedule.
We doing something in PA soon for the World Fish Migration Day. We had planned for PE but all venues were booked and with 3 comps on from deepsea to the Tiger bay 1000 timing has not worked out.
 

Spoedvraat

New member
SPIN A HOLIC wrote:
Spoedvraat wrote:
Hey Spin....I heard you ran a "lure training camp" last year....when is the next one?
hi. It was a CARA clinic. Its about the species that live in the estuaries and their movement and life patterns with some advise on how to target and handel them for a safe release once you have landed them.

Been trying to book another one the last 6 months but time has not been friendly and the mate I do them with has had a hectic schedule.
We doing something in PA soon for the World Fish Migration Day. We had planned for PE but all venues were booked and with 3 comps on from deepsea to the Tiger bay 1000 timing has not worked out.

Thanks Spin....I'd really be interested in something like that even if it's in PA...please keep us posted.

O ja.....nice skippie and cob!!
 
Top