LURE FISHING THE SWARTKOPS.

onemorecast

New member
smiley6996 wrote:
omc why you still doing the walk and stalk nice ducky thou

It is neaps so there is good action at the mouth, so less hassle for me to just walk from my house.

Believe me, I am still going to put in 100's if not 1000's of kilometers of trolling and exploring upriver!
 

sliver

New member
Spent yesterday on the river had a day ill never forget.all and all I ended up on 44 fish all on lead head olive and white.fish went like this 9 elf 4grunter one of over 4kilos 3kob and one skipjack.rest all small kob got a pic of the skippy as it was a first for me but don't know how 2 post so if someone can help ill post.go fish guys and release please bcoz its mostly small release.take a pic asap and let the fish go.keep them as healthy as possible.bridges are on fire.I share this bcoz its a sport so pls don't miss use this info.
 

sliver

New member
Fish were all small but still good fun.see I made a mistake in typing the rest of the fish were small leery not kob.I went yesterday afternoon again,got 2 leery and a small kobbie but the river was very busy with boat traffic.
 

Predator_828

New member
Howzit guys, I haven't hit the Swartkops in a long time... I went about a month ago in February but the aftermath of red tide was still there and the water was brown. Has it cleared up yet?

Tight lines!
 

Doyle

New member
Hi guys
My 10ft setup's maiden voyage yesterday,got this little bugger!First for me on a spoon,awesome fun,now he just needs to grow a bit!Fish wa successfully released.
2ywsg46.jpg
 

onemorecast

New member
After almost 4 months, countless kilometers of stalking/rowing, and a gazillion casts later, I finally got my skippy.

A rat leerie had shown interest in the tattered old chartruse clouser fly barely 10m in front of me, so I quickly made a few short casts to the same spot to try and entice it some more. Next thing this "rat" takes off for Antarctica, my reel is screaming like a turbine spooling up (the drag gave up the ghost a long time ago) and my palm is burning on the reel trying to stop it before I run out of backing. It soon gave a jump that will make Okkert Brits's eyes water and my heart rate tried to catch up with the now-almost-empty reel because I remember I only have plain old 15lb nylon tippet out there.
After a few more short runs once I turned it, the "low-range" 1:1 ratio of the fly reel brought it ashore slowly but surely.

(It measured 81cm)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20140406_180729.jpg
    IMG_20140406_180729.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 471

onemorecast

New member
Transkeikat wrote:
Awsome Skippy, I hooked one of those once on fly... lost all my fly line and half the backing... well done!
Ouch. My fly line (all 30m of it) is worth more than my boat rod and reel combined. I can imagine what you must have felt, apart from losing the skippy as well!
 
Top