Hi Guys There has been a lot of talk amongst the

SAfish

Sealiner
Bakgat, the site looks great. What was the weight of the cob in the gallery? Can you pm me a price on a daiwa sl30sh and a shimano exage 10ft surf? Thanks mate.
 

Fredster

Senior Member
Fredster,
I have used the pakula hooks and also the Mustad Hoodlums without breaking them.
Remember, use Side Cutter to Open them, some do break ...
Thx Neil
i'll try the ones you suggest if i break some more...
Do you use a split ring in tthe towing eye - the link may help with the action but on the other hand its another weak link? thx
 

cougar

New member
Hey Neilg

Managed to find a purple onde on Sat at a half decent price! ::SIm just curious does this work exceptionally well for shad only or for other game fish to? ie. snoek bonnys
 

neilg

Sealiner
Cougar
I have mainly used it for shad, but I think any other fish that likes a fairly top water lure will take it hard.

I'm sure ESA has used it to catch Bonnies before.
 

SAfish

Sealiner
O well, you can't blame a guy for trying! Please give us a full report when you come back. I hope you have a wonderful time catching big fish.   ::tight:
 

cougar

New member
Thanks SAfish will def give the guys some feedback when i return! only leaving next Thursday tho! the wait is killing me!
 

cougar

New member
Dugongboy, sorry to bug you again boet, i have got all the bits and pieces from your snoek trace that you put on the site but just curious what your take on beads is on the trace and why you dont use them??
 

cougar

New member
some guys say it makes the skirt sit better on the strip bait but i have not fished strip baits before so i dont know?? you use strike pro's at all for snoek?
 

dugongboy

Sealiner
 cougar,  'No need for beed' -  most small lures will work for snoek if they are feeding freely(one of the best/cheapest lures is a couta duster with a 3/0), in fact if they are feeding well then drift  and spoon for them. I have used the Yozuri minnows  (pics in the other post) and caught a lot of fish on them but overall the most productive way is by using fillets - I have seen this proven many times in all types of conditions.
 
Top