Have any of you ever felt like just giving up? Wit

TOE 007

Sealiner
never ever, ever  give up !!!!!!!!!::tight:::tight:::tight:::tight:::tight:Rays got good advice , must be all sharkfishing between bathers ? lol
 

rofflign

Sealiner
roland30 wrote:
Have any of you ever felt like just giving up? With fishing that is. Not in the mood to go fish or just lost the interest?
yup! a few years back I found myself drifting away from fishing and into computer gaming, eventually I had to force myself to go and fish and while at the water would be thinking about gaming!!! Luckily thats all over now,still play the odd game,but it's definately taken a back seat in my life.
 

roland

Sealiner
guys guys guys. it was actualy a random Q.
thanks for the positives


but come to think of it and now that you mention it.....

i so want to be like most of the sealiners, but im me'
if i want to target a shark with my elbe procast50, so be it, who needs a trini or stella anyway.

if i want to use cheap kingfisher braid, so be it, fire line ... blah blah blah

if i want to use bandits, so be it, i dont give a crap about owners or vmc

i envy most guys on this forum, want to have what you have and catch what you catch, but i cant have what you have cos its expensive and I DONT REALLY NEED IT. i cant catch what you catch cos im not really that into it. freak, i mean even catching a strepie excites me. i just want to enjoy it at the water but loosing it somehow.

and i can go on and on and on

maybe i should just do wat I like and not wat every one else is doing
 

sparky2009

Senior Member
roland30 wrote:
guys guys guys. it was actualy a random Q.
thanks for the positives


but come to think of it and now that you mention it.....

i so want to be like most of the sealiners, but im me'
if i want to target a shark with my elbe procast50, so be it, who needs a trini or stella anyway.

if i want to use cheap kingfisher braid, so be it, fire line ... blah blah blah

if i want to use bandits, so be it, i dont give a crap about owners or vmc

i envy most guys on this forum, want to have what you have and catch what you catch, but i cant have what you have cos its expensive and I DONT REALLY NEED IT. i cant catch what you catch cos im not really that into it. freak, i mean even catching a strepie excites me. i just want to enjoy it at the water but loosing it somehow.

and i can go on and on and on

maybe i should just do wat I like and not wat every one else is doing

boet so n bek moet jam kry

do what makes you happy, stuff what everyone else is doing, that way you will enjoy it to the utmost
 

aquadementia

Sealiner
Roland I promise you there's a lot of guys on sealine that wanna be JUST LIKE YOU:) now i dont believe that part that your not that into it, jy lieg vir jouself! ::S
 

Ray Hall

Senior Member
roland30 wrote:
guys guys guys. it was actualy a random Q.
thanks for the positives


but come to think of it and now that you mention it.....

i so want to be like most of the sealiners, but im me'
if i want to target a shark with my elbe procast50, so be it, who needs a trini or stella anyway.

if i want to use cheap kingfisher braid, so be it, fire line ... blah blah blah

if i want to use bandits, so be it, i dont give a crap about owners or vmc

i envy most guys on this forum, want to have what you have and catch what you catch, but i cant have what you have cos its expensive and I DONT REALLY NEED IT. i cant catch what you catch cos im not really that into it. freak, i mean even catching a strepie excites me. i just want to enjoy it at the water but loosing it somehow.

and i can go on and on and on

maybe i should just do wat I like and not wat every one else is doing

:clap12

BEST THING IVE READ THE WHOLE DAY !!!!

with a respond like that you dont need anybody's advise, becuase you already have the right attitude!!!!! 

BUDDY, PLEASE DONT THINK FUNNY OF ME OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, FOR SOME REASON YOU ARE ON MY MIND SINCE THAT THREAD OF THE 'WHATS IN YOUR TACKLE BOX'....

AND I CAME TO THE FOLLOWING CONCLUSION: IM STARTING THE FOLLOWING:

PROJECT ROLAND30!

I will personally help you get you a Torium 30 and a Exage 1468.  The only thing is you just have to be bare with me, as my wife and still need to get baby stuff :)

so this is what i will do....I will save R500 towards your kit every month.  If anyone want to pitch in,it will be greatly appreciated.

 

 
 

Ray Hall

Senior Member
ok...before i get too excited.....i dont think i am able to save that much with the little one on its way....but i will try and make a plan none the less!!

but dont give up on fishing yet, buddy!!!!
 

roland

Sealiner
Ray Hall wrote:
ok...before i get too excited.....i dont think i am able to save that much with the little one on its way....but i will try and make a plan none the less!!

but dont give up on fishing yet, buddy!!!!


thats better lol. wont give up, think im just having one of those days where all negatives comes my way and everthing bothers me
 

neilg

Sealiner
roland30 wrote:
maybe i should just do wat I like and not wat every one else is doing
I hear what youre saying.

Go read the latest Stywe Lyne, rod and reel recommended for spinning ... Shimano Aerocast and Shimano Stella loaded with Jigman braid, such a setup would cost you close to 10k.

Whether or not it's really needed is debatable, I would say NO. Cause with my Berkley Air, Soron 60 and 12lb Stren I can do the same, mine worked out about R2800, give or take a few rand, and there are cheaper setups available, it might not be the best, but it's still good enough. I would love to have a Stella, I really would, but at that cost I could get 2-3 really good spinning kits ...

Always remember, you ask a question on sealine people will recommend what they trust, believe in and have used, whether cheap or expensive. You must then decide if that's what you want and more important, can afford.

Unfortunately some things in life are expensive (and worth every cent), and some of those things you have to save for. I have recommended Fireline to many people, alot have told me they can't afford it, here's my answer to all of them and to you, if you can't afford it then put mono on the reel for now (it's cheap enough), save for another 2 or 3 months and then go and buy it, IT'S WORTH IT.

Lots of time we want something NOW, and end up buying the wrong thing cause we only had X amount of money, but if you just waited and saved for another 2 or 3 months you could have bought the RIGHT THING in the first place.

Believe me I know, I speak from experience, I have learnt the hard way...
 

surfaMIKE

Senior Member
roland30 wrote:
and catch what you catch
jis, I wanna catch what you caught! A 4.9kg grunter would make me die happy!

I envy you roland30, I really do. You are an incredible angler. I look up to you. You are the estuary king!
 
I once had that feeling...................it was the longest 3 seconds of my life..................F%^K I love this sport !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its what wakes me up in the morning, helps me to sleep at night, keeps me sane, makes me smile, gives me something to look forward to, and gives me reason to spend money at the fishing specialist !:sf:::
 

roland

Sealiner
Neil. I hear what you say and believe me i take in every tip etc you give in most posts. And im still getting fireline, for my b.day next week from the family haha. But if i have to save for a rod or reel then i might aswell not save and leave. The saving topic is bit personal for a public forum. Thats why i choose and have to go cheap. If it comes back to haunt me, bummer. Then ill just have to try again. Ps. Getting the 300yrd 14pound smoke.
 

CRAZY SHARK

Senior Member
Roland i am having a bad league this year so far..3 venues and 2 blanks..this weekend we fish at van stadens/gamtoos area..easterly blowing like heel for days..and its going to rain..so it will not be a great league again..then i have to decide..will i go ? or will i stay home? i will be going..just maybe its my turn again,like last season to get top scores..i will never give up
 

steve m

Sealiner
roland30 wrote:
guys guys guys. it was actualy a random Q.
thanks for the positives


but come to think of it and now that you mention it.....

i so want to be like most of the sealiners, but im me'
if i want to target a shark with my elbe procast50, so be it, who needs a trini or stella anyway.

if i want to use cheap kingfisher braid, so be it, fire line ... blah blah blah

if i want to use bandits, so be it, i dont give a crap about owners or vmc

i envy most guys on this forum, want to have what you have and catch what you catch, but i cant have what you have cos its expensive and I DONT REALLY NEED IT. i cant catch what you catch cos im not really that into it. freak, i mean even catching a strepie excites me. i just want to enjoy it at the water but loosing it somehow.

and i can go on and on and on

maybe i should just do wat I like and not wat every one else is doing
 

My pb shark was caught on a elbe waverunner and 20/40 no braid nothing!


Says the guy whos first spotted grunter was better than 99.9% of every body elses pb grunter by a long shot!

Aswell catching strepis is a jol on light tackle..

You are one of the top light tackle fisher man i have ever seen!

Hope you dont even consider stopping because it will be a great loss to the fishing world!
 

DD

Senior Member
I tend to accumulate hobbies, instead of replace them. The PS3 and latest title games are taking valuable fishing time, no doubt. Luckily the east wind has been pumping the last few weeks, so plenty time for games.

I casted a multiplyer reel and used a rod longer than 10 ft for the 1st time in March this year. What a revelation. I actually hate using light tackle now naturally unless we fishing in a estuary of course. I might take a break, but I just love chilling by the ocean. So while chilling by the ocean, might as well have a bait lying in there.
 
Top