Hi all
Seems like there are quite a lot of newbies to dropshot fishing and that would include myself as well.
Went down to George over the Christmas period and had mixed success. Fished the rocks at Glentana and landed 5 kolsterte on the camo sandworm from Berkley. Used the "normal" Berkley jigheads which I found to bend open far too easily, even when hooking a kolstert. Got hold of the Berkley Nitro jigheads and fell in love with them almost immediately. All in all not too bad for a first timer as I was relatively pleased with the results as I specifically targetted the kollies. Posting a pic of one of the kollies, nobody was close enough to take pic, so had to do it myself.
So I am back in Jo'burg and looking forward to going down to George again in February for a wedding. So the question is where to fish with limited time available?
Will be staying in Wilderness.
Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.
Seems like there are quite a lot of newbies to dropshot fishing and that would include myself as well.
Went down to George over the Christmas period and had mixed success. Fished the rocks at Glentana and landed 5 kolsterte on the camo sandworm from Berkley. Used the "normal" Berkley jigheads which I found to bend open far too easily, even when hooking a kolstert. Got hold of the Berkley Nitro jigheads and fell in love with them almost immediately. All in all not too bad for a first timer as I was relatively pleased with the results as I specifically targetted the kollies. Posting a pic of one of the kollies, nobody was close enough to take pic, so had to do it myself.
So I am back in Jo'burg and looking forward to going down to George again in February for a wedding. So the question is where to fish with limited time available?
Will be staying in Wilderness.
Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.