Fishing Accident

Sailfish

Sealiner
Remember to start of with some cheep line til you get the hang of your real and then move on to the expencive lines.
 

NigelG

New member
Thanks guys for the advise , good idea to borrow a second hand and practise first.

Tight Lines ...............:fishn
 
Anchorman wrote:
If you want to learn how to cast with a multiplier real, try to find a policansky to borrow, nothing casts easier than that thing and once you've first got the hang of things you can start casting with a real multiplier(Daiwa).

A bud of mine also swears by his polispanties.. I meen policanskys!
 

Reefman

Sealiner
MickJack wrote:
Anchorman wrote:
If you want to learn how to cast with a multiplier real, try to find a policansky to borrow, nothing casts easier than that thing and once you've first got the hang of things you can start casting with a real multiplier(Daiwa).
Just as well I ain't a moderator anymore.....I would edit out that D***A swearword!
Yup, just as well! :SSS
 

Sailfish

Sealiner
Joe dit moes eina gewees het. Dink jy kan bly wees dis die oogbank en nie jou oog gewees nie. Baie naby of jy was een oog minder. Dink nie a safty goggel sal dai sinker ook kon keer om skade te doen nie. Het al n snoekvanger gesien waar hulle met stok en lepels gevang het en waar die drieangel hoek losgekom het en soos n pyl die spinner in sy oog laat tref het. Altyd maar versigtig as daar met lepels van n boot gevang word en die vis is naby. Hou dan altyd die visstok na die kant en weg van ander manne op die boot vir net ingeval die hoek uitskeur.
 
the sl50sh or grandwave are both very good starting reels..
i have never been let down by my SL50 daiwa..

dont by a shimani torium as a first reel because it hasnt got central fulgal weights in it ..so you wont get any assistance when you are learning to cast...
 

NigelG

New member
Heys Guys , This is the pic of the accident.Poor Guy in the States , His line was jammed and he stepped back and pulled and Guess where the sinker Landed.

 

Ouch......................

 

Tight Lines................:fishn 
 

Attachments

  • fishing_injury5.jpg
    fishing_injury5.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 81

Bob Lemon

New member
Anchorman wrote:
If you want to learn how to cast with a multiplier real, try to find a policansky to borrow, nothing casts easier than that thing and once you've first got the hang of things you can start casting with a real multiplier(Daiwa).
Makes me feel silly learning with a 49A, I did it though. ::S::S Now I'm using a Penn 66 for heavy tackle, a lot easier to throw.
 

Renier Theron

New member
:hyst::clap12:cong: This is the kind of thing I was warned about by my dad as young lad on fishing expeditions when i did silly thing. I always listened to the old man's fishing advise & touch wood This has not yet happened to me - had some close calls though..
Glad it hit you in the head rather than the eye (can you imagine fixing an overwind with only 1 eye) Maby now you would have some wise words for a young fisherman one day... now if you would excuse me I am gonna have me a nice belly laugh as i take another look at that pic...:fbash
 

tauruck

Sealiner
Renier Theron wrote:
:hyst::clap12:cong: This is the kind of thing I was warned about by my dad as young lad on fishing expeditions when i did silly thing. I always listened to the old man's fishing advise & touch wood This has not yet happened to me - had some close calls though..
Glad it hit you in the head rather than the eye (can you imagine fixing an overwind with only 1 eye) Maby now you would have some wise words for a young fisherman one day... now if you would excuse me I am gonna have me a nice belly laugh as i take another look at that pic...:fbash
Renier, you're a bad oke.:SSS That's like getting a ricochet from a 9mm. I feel for the guy. Would you suggest wearing shades? My problem with the baitcaster I had was that I melted the line with my thumb. Then you sit on the beach pulling off 6m. next 6m. Eventually I learned to wet my hand, the reel, everything, Lol.
 
Top