Hi, I am a bit of a beginner when it comes to saltwater lure fishing in general, Ive spent most of my fishing years bass fishing and rock and surf bait fishing.
I recently watched an episode on DSTV's ESA Saltwater where they were using bullet spoons to cast 130m+ and targetting gamefish ordinarily targetted by skiboats, I found this very exciting and am looking to invest in the gear to attempt it myself.
Unfortunately the program didnt delve too deeply into the specifics. My question is what gear would I need to acquire to facilitate long distance casting of this nature regarding rod, line and reel ... Additionally where to acquire the spoons (I am located in Durban) and what weight is recommended? Additional tips regarding technique and bullet spoon fishing spots are also very welcome. Any information is highly appreciated!
I recently watched an episode on DSTV's ESA Saltwater where they were using bullet spoons to cast 130m+ and targetting gamefish ordinarily targetted by skiboats, I found this very exciting and am looking to invest in the gear to attempt it myself.
Unfortunately the program didnt delve too deeply into the specifics. My question is what gear would I need to acquire to facilitate long distance casting of this nature regarding rod, line and reel ... Additionally where to acquire the spoons (I am located in Durban) and what weight is recommended? Additional tips regarding technique and bullet spoon fishing spots are also very welcome. Any information is highly appreciated!

