What are you feeding your dog

Ant86

Sealiner
@ Elf

Hey Elf, Royal Canin make good quality breed specific food. My pup started on Eukanuba and Im a strong believer in if it aint broken don't try and fix it .He has just turned 7 and is on the Eukanuba Large Breed Adult at the moment.I would say 40 out of the 50 active members at our club only use the breed specific Royal Canin and just about 95% of the breeders .

The golden rule is to feed the very best food for the pups 1st 12 to 18 months and then switch to a more affordable brand if financial circumstances don't allow the more expensive options anymore.

speartackle

Antjar wrote:
@ Elf

Hey Elf, Royal Canin make good quality breed specific food. My pup started on Eukanuba and Im a strong believer in if it aint broken don't try and fix it .He has just turned 7 and is on the Eukanuba Large Breed Adult at the moment.I would say 40 out of the 50 active members at our club only use the breed specific Royal Canin and just about 95% of the breeders .

The golden rule is to feed the very best food for the pups 1st 12 to 18 months and then switch to a more affordable brand if financial circumstances don't allow the more expensive options anymore.
"The golden rule is to feed the very best food for the pups 1st 12 to 18 months and then switch to a more affordable brand if financial circumstances don't allow the more expensive options anymore".

100% right.

Psy

Sealiner
Mark - who is marketing the 'K9' food,may well be able to supply me with K9 for the garden Route area.
I am waiting for his and shareholder's decisions regarding this.

In the meantime, I have switched to Liebe

http://www.liebenutrition.co.za/

Elf 786

Sealiner
i've recently swapped over to vet's choice. Good food as well and is made by royal canine,

Attachments

• 1240414_602536109832422_1399713639_n.jpg
    1240414_602536109832422_1399713639_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 89

iggy

Sealiner
I have 2 Great Dane's and tried everything from Montego ( crap ) dogs stayed skinny and hip bones and ribs showing, tried Complete, same cheap crap, went over to Vet's Brand, expensive but same crap!

Now they on a RAW MEAT AND BONE DIET for the past 3 months,not only did they gain lots of weight, better skin, shiny hair, not to mention whiter teeth!! Never again I'll waste my money on dog pellets of any brand!

A de worm every 3 months and they all good! Raw chicken carcases, necks, pig foot, half pig heads, soup bones,fish heads ALL UNCOOKED!!! Cooked bones has no value, splinter and will hurt your dogs!

Got this diet from a Great Dane breeder!

boeta brown

Sealiner
Read on another post that grapes are toxic to dogs. Can anyone shed some light on this? My pitt absolutely loves fruit! She'll eat watermelon and actually spit out the pips! She eats anything my wife eats except tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber. We feed her Montego Karoo and only occasionally she'll get a piece of meat from the table. The only sweet thing she gets is ice cream. She's very healthy. She gets Bob Martins and Regal coat conditioner everyday. I am worried we are doing hr an injustice by giving her something that may harm her health. She's more than jut a pet to us. She's never slept outside in all of her 11 months! Any advice would be appreciated.

Ant86

Sealiner
boeta brown wrote:
Read on another post that grapes are toxic to dogs. Can anyone shed some light on this? My pitt absolutely loves fruit! She'll eat watermelon and actually spit out the pips! She eats anything my wife eats except tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber. We feed her Montego Karoo and only occasionally she'll get a piece of meat from the table. The only sweet thing she gets is ice cream. She's very healthy. She gets Bob Martins and Regal coat conditioner everyday. I am worried we are doing hr an injustice by giving her something that may harm her health. She's more than jut a pet to us. She's never slept outside in all of her 11 months! Any advice would be appreciated.

Boeta I think you are referring to my post,my vet warned me against it as it affects their kidneys

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/foods-are-hazardous-dogs

http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/grapes/

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/grape-and-raisin-toxicity-in-dogs/4397

Repsol

I have received good service from these guys, they deliver for free, I hope this helps, I use Grandeur my rottie loves it.......
http://www.petproject.co.za/contact.php

boeta brown

Sealiner
Thanx Antjar,
Had a read through the links. Showed it to my wife also. She now understands why Sheba can't eat everything she does. I'll inform my friends about this also.

uk145

Good day guys,

I have a English bulldog pup of 9 weeks, vet only stocks Science plan which he has been on for past 4 weeks since I got him. does any1 have such a dog and can recommend what you feed him.science plan is R199.00/3kg