Seemonster
New member
Anybody up for a paddle tomorrow?
Those are serious size tail. Must say I've never manged to catch a double didget fish on casting tackle in Buffels or around the PointThose 10 to 20 kg fish often swim alone or in pairs and judging by how strong the little fish have been fighting,those big tail will be an epic battle to land.
YELLOWTAILER wrote:Those are serious size tail. Must say I've never manged to catch a double didget fish on casting tackle in Buffels or around the PointThose 10 to 20 kg fish often swim alone or in pairs and judging by how strong the little fish have been fighting,those big tail will be an epic battle to land.
That's a nice tail!!!!!
Having fished the last 18 years on and off at the Kranz I saw Barry Rose land an 18kg tail one afternoon,I've hooked similar busses on 3 occasions and got myself reefed every time.I'm sure hooking one on the ski will be a fight to the death because a large tail will easily tow you to the nearest kelp or reef and attempt to snag your line.
Hooking one in the 30m water on a flat seabed should be a little safer as there's no underwater snags.
Fishing even when yellowtail are scarce can produce these large single fish, they don't move with the main shoal .
Think small, think less than 15 hp. Laws are much less strict.could not get off, hope you has some luck.
I am toiling with putting on a small motor on the kayak, just for the hell of it. Not to use all the time but to just have sometime off the paddles. Should be a treat to trawl on a calm sea. But the laws that govern power craft also apply to a simple kayak. What is my next step ?