Well I have taken delivery of my new clarkeski and

kobrob

New member
Well I have taken delivery of my new clarkeski and wow it is awesome. As I have become the cape town agent for erics' offshore division, I would like to stir up as much interest in the ski as I can and justifiably so because they have done a fantastic job in designing and building the ski. It is everything Kirk Newton mentioned in his article on the ski in the latest Go-fish mag excepting I found it turn's pretty quickly. It is a little faster than my bfs and lighter(27 kg) and is very stable. It also handles the surf with ease. Having a lot of volume in the nose is very good for wave riding as I found out on a 2 to 3 ft wave. It get's onto a wave very quickly with the extra length and handles beautifully on a wave. With the extra volume in the nose comes a bigger hatch, huge in fact. It tracks well even into the wind and I like the extra hatch. The build quality is excellent and the finish beautiful. Check out the pic I have provided.
All the big name ski's are good and will suit all manner of paddle-ski fishermen. What's one persons like is another persons dislike! However, I maintain that this ski with it's pointed nose and overall stunning design and finish, is a winner. There are few other ski's around that come close look's wise and for me it is one of the best looking ski's I have seen. I hope it does well for Eric, Gary and Ian at Eric's. Thank's guy's for making me such a great ski. If anyone in the western cape is interested in the ski, send me a p m and I will get back to you. Tks Rob:kaykak
 

Attachments

  • New Clarke Ski.jpg
    New Clarke Ski.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 447

DeonF

Member
Awesome looking ski read the article about it in the gofish mag .
What is maximum load and angler weight on it ?
And what is the price of the ski ?
Wanting to upgrade to the pinnicle elite but if this is a better ski I'd get it rather
 

kobrob

New member
Hi Deon, the ski can handle an angler weight up to 140 kg and a total weight of 200 kg. Gary at Eric's is very confident of those figures and the price is R9150. That price is for up to 3 colors. Extra colors will add an extra R250. onto the price.It is an awesome ski and before you decide on any particular make, pop into Eric's and chat to the Gary and try the ski and satisfy your curiosity. :kaykak
 

bassbug

New member
Very nice looking kayak deonf, and I like the paint job. Just a question on the hatches behind, can anyone reach the last two hatches?
 

kobrob

New member
2 of the 3 round hatch covers behind the seat are for storage. The big one behind the seat can be used as a live bait well or safety gear etc. The next hatch is further away but by leaning back or bum sliding you can access the patch. The last little hatch is of course for the rudder. Everything is easily accessable and the extra hatch is a big plus!:kaykak
 

Attachments

  • New Clarke Ski.jpg
    New Clarke Ski.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 375

kobrob

New member
I got a nice yellowtail off my ski yesterday at cape point. 5,8 kg and lost 2 other fish. Braaied yellowtail to-night.Mmmmmm.:kaykak
 

Attachments

  • Buffels tail.jpg
    Buffels tail.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 322

racing snake

New member
Does this kayak have positive boyancy compartments so that it won't sink if it gets a crack in the hull and is it SAMSA approved? Very nice looking kayak I might add!
 

kobrob

New member
Hi Racing snake, I am positive that the ski is compliant and has positive bouancy compartment's but I will confirm with you shortly.:kaykak
 

kobrob

New member
Hi Racing Snake, the new Clarkeski is Samsa compliant and it is loaded with 30% more water resistant foam than the minimum Samsa requirement which is 30%. For those who are not familiar with the bouancy scenario, it means that of the total volume that a ski is measured as having, it shall be filled with foam to a minimum of 30% of the total volume. The new Clarkeski is filled with foam to approx 60% of it's total volume.It is therefore unsinkable!:kaykak
 
I've seen Gary and his brother playing with these GT's in pretty big surf - very impressive how they combine speed with the ability to surf.

I was suprised at the hatch length too, theres no need for the really short rods any more.....
 
Top