Warning!Stay away from this charter...

iggy

Sealiner
Serra Moz wrote:
@ Echo7 Correct Proudly mine....LOL - Up in Moz now. Bringing my small cabin boat back to Durban Bi Monthly Bassing at Inanda

@ Iggy, like I said great idea, I often drive up and down from Moz to Durban (Free lifts) Also, I am from time to time looking for crew in Moz too.
@Serra Moz, I would love to be part of your crew up in Moz anyday!!! If you ever on the road and looking for crew pls contact me! or pm me your details! Have never fished in Moz and would be a dream come true!::S

Freedom1

Gents,

Maybe I have been very , very lucky as I have taken out about 8 Sealiners in Cape Town already as part of my crew and we have always had a great time. We share costs and they have all stuck to the rules on my baby.... worked each time ...

I still have a list of names that I am calling as I have a free slot and I depart from Houtbay where my boat is moored.

Sealiners are always welcome with me ...  I enjoy giving people a chance.... Also huge fun!

JaggedEdge

Yip it all sounds great to sort out the problem of finding eager crew. Perhaps someone PM Reefman or Admin!!

I also look for crew quite often around Durban. Anyone from DBN keen send me a pm and will save your details.

The other side of the story!

I am a charter operator in Mossel Bay and was actually the booking agent for the un happy chappy although he was not on my boat. I was in fact the first person he called with his complaints and i can guarentee that in that conversation nothing was mentioned about killing of Barbers and rubish in the water. His complaint was that the skipper caught fish and he didnt, althought 2 or 3 other kob came out in the 10kg class. What made him more unhappy is that the skipper didnt want to sell him the fish as this is illegal. To this day i fail to see where the problem arose on this trip as all the other people on the boat were happy (yes, i did personaly call them to make sure.) I even went so far as to use the same skipper on several trips and have not had one other complaint. Seems to me like the easiest thing to do when you are a bit unlucky is to blame someone else. Im not saying that there are no dodgey operators out there because i know there are. This is just an invite for any other unhappy clients of ours to voice their opinions. I can ensure anyone that both myself and Sharky Charters make every effort to deliver a quailty service and do our best to make clients enjoy themselves on our trips. I invite anyone visiting mossel bay to pop into my tackle shop where i will provide contact details of all the clients both i and Sharky have helped in the last 4 years and i would be surprised if you can find 3 out of the lot (over 1000), that were unhappy with the service. To sum it up Mr Unhappy, Thank you very much for your feedback and for fishing with us. Sorry you personally didnt get a fish. In future weather fishing with another charter or a fellow sealine member, remember that when things dont go your way dont be so quick to make false statements. The people you are lying about might be listening.

Catch 22

Well said......

I have seen you guys on the water how many times, spoken to you guys how many times and always friendly. You guys are well organized and the results prove it.

Dead barbells, come on, nobody kills barbells..........:fbash:temp::temp::temp::temp::temp::temp::temp:

Greenhorn

Well said. I also know the skipper and the owner of "Sharky" and never thought he would do something like that. Was very suprised when I heard the allegations.

Thanx for the support from those who know us. Bad reports on a forum as well known as this can really be bad for business. At least our reputation is worth something. ::S

Sharky2

@ Gofish,I only saw your post now.Some good advice,don't call my a liar on a public forum and pretend like I'm making up stories.I had to phone you back three times about the charter,because everytime you said you'll get back to me.with my first call to you you said it's not really your problem as it's not your charter,only when i explained to you that i made the booking through you did you say you'll phone me back after you spoke to the owner which you never did.why is that?you had a crap attitude and you know it.My friend you are the liar not me,I told you about the barbel and sharks that was killed and your reply was that it's unecceptable to kill the fish why not just release it and that you've had one complaint on your charter about a client that complaint about your skipper killing a barbel which you resolved with your skipper(lie nr 1).So all the other people was happy on the boat,mmm that's strange cause there was only one other fishermen on the boat(lie nr 2) that wasn't with me and yes he was happy cause he caught a nice kob but that doesn't mean that he was happy with the killing and rubbish afterwards.

''To sum it up Mr Unhappy, Thank you very much for your feedback and for fishing with us. Sorry you personally didnt get a fish. In future weather fishing with another charter or a fellow sealine member, remember that when things dont go your way dont be so quick to make false statements. The people you are lying about might be listening.''

Mr unhappy,leave your name calling for someone else.i didn't get a fish(lie nr 3)well mate if you recalled I told you i caught over twenty kob but all was undersize and that's the reason that i asked the skipper if we can move to another spot.I haven't made one false statement but in your allegations towards me you made 3 false statements.

So i wonder who's the liar now?

This is an open forum so I actually wanted you and everyone involved to see my complaint,i wouldn't have told you and the owner of sharky that i will tell me story on sealine if that wasn't the case!!!!!!!!!

I have sent you a pm aswell,so that you can defend yourself where everyone can see it.I can't wait to see what story you're gonna come up with this time.

Sharky2

I have send you a mail on you personal email adress aswell,don't want you thinking that I'm telling STORIES behind your back!:uzi

Sharky2

@ catch 22 ::jest

@diegeneraal,it was not the regular skipper so maybe that's where the problem came in,the owner told me that it's a new skipper because the old one resigned.

Tunaman

How about a category for good experiences with charter?

This way we steer clear from name calling and only post the good ones. From this other members can see and choose which they want to book with.

There is quite a few good ones out there and I believe one should reward these efforts by giving them a mention.

Can ADMIN possibly assist with this?

Catch 22

And first nomination goes to...Mossel Bay Deep Sea Adventures, use the boats "Dankie Pa" "Sharkey" and "Dream Catcher"

They are well known for catches including huge Cob, Roman, Geelbek etc.

There boats are stationed near the municipal slipway and all their contact details is written on the boats. They have been operating for years, I have seen them on the water quite a lot with a lot of happy (and succesfull) customers.

disturbia

Any Sealine members in P/E over any holiday season,pm me and I will keep on record.If there is enough interest we could make a sealine daytrip or so?

Mark Cameron

I don't want to say anything bad about anybody,but I have had my bad shares on Dreamcatcher,never again,I have posted about them quite a while ago.The best in Mossel Bay is still "Sharky!"Especially under new ownership.I will definately be boarding them again in December!!if I could recommend,they still the best in Mossel Bay.

Hi Sharky2 sorry about ure bad experience.I only saw post now.I have taken over Sharky since 2011.My company is called Gofish Deepsea Fishing Charters.Boat has been totally revamped from scratch and as i said under new ownership.Feel free to contact me directly in the future.My number is 0722555313.
Only thing that bothers me u said u contacted owner and "SHE" said she will sort it out,Sharky has never been under lady ownership, the lady that owns boats has boats Dreamcatcher and Dankie pa, i know the regular skipper on Sharky at that time i definately know is a non drinker up till today i know him well.
But end of the day sorry about ure bad experience in Mossel Bay no matter on which boat you were on.
With Sharky as my business we try be as profesional as possible and do our utter most to satisfy our clients.New boat,new 115 motors,brand new Shimano reels on New topfisher rods.
Once again sorry about ure bad experience but feel free to contact me in the future.
Regards
Manoli
Gofish Deepsea Fishing Charters Mossel Bay