two weeks ago, another iron ore comp was held.

stinkmossel

Sealiner
two weeks ago, another iron ore comp was held.

reports came through again,as always, of poeple bagging stumpnose and blacktail that is so undersize, its not even funny.

the guys parked off on the tidal pipe, into the dam, and litterally cleaned up!

i have so many poeple who witnessed this...

some even being caught two-two at a time.

now, i have fished that "comp", in the past, but wont do it again, for personal reasons... one being the way that the dam area is raped in the *** with each comp.

the organisers should ensure that fisheries inspectors search every single bag or check permits. some "anglers" had 30-40(conservative figure) fish with them, with nothing being size!!!

anybody that knows that area will testify that its (used to be) a special place.....

dis n blerrie skande hoe dit elke jaar daar aangan. verdomde free for all.

as julle sien dat iets verkeerd is, maak n plan en sorteer dit uit.

 
 

DewaldL

New member
Stinkmossel, I agree that it is an outrage that anglers, in times where everybody know's fish stock are declining still do such things and take more than the bag limit,or under size fish!! It should be stopped and such people should be made to pay the highest price for there discretion's!!

What I don't agree with , is that the way your article was written, it sounds like you are placing MOST of the blame on the organizers??

Firstly - All of us know that when it comes to the harbor competitions, the first name that pops up is Alfie Randell? Now like many of you, I have known Alfie for many years and he has always done a stellar job of taking entries and getting everyone thru the gates so we can all enjoy the rare opportunity to fish there? So in blaming the "Organizers" , you are making it sound like Alfie didn't do his job properly? Which in fact is the exact not the case! Alfie had nothing to do with the organizing of the event, and was only respossible for the entries!!

I know you didn't state any specific names, but like I said his name is synonyms with this event and I don't think it is fare to publicly tarnish his name?

Now I do agree that the "Organizers" should have made better arrangements to make sure such things get monitored, by involving sea fisheries, getting the Parks Board to check licences, catch sizes and bag limits!!

But I also think that if these "Witnesses" who were so many saw these things happening and did NOT do a thing about it .. that THEY are AS responsible for letting it happen by not even reporting it to the organizers!!

I myself(I'm not part of the organizers, just a normal angler), fished not 100m from the pipe and took regular walks up and down the whole area. Whenever I saw someone that did NOT comply with the rules, or ethics of fishing, I simply went up to them and in a friendly manor made them attent of the rules and asked them to correct it? Not one person I spoke to gave me grief or put up a fuss!!

Also considering that from the morning 5am till 6pm, I myself had almost NO bites, and that between 176 anglers 6 fish came out for weigh in, for the whole day??It does sound a bit exaggerated by saying that some anglers had 30 to 40 undersized fish in there coolers? Especially if you did not see it yourself?

I am not trying to make an enemy out of you, you are clearly a passionate and ethical angler with a great love for the sea, and if more guys were like you we would most likely all be better off and have better fishing spots and more fish to go around?

I simply think that the correct way of going about this problem would have been to firstly, "Kak" the guys who saw this and did nothing about it out good and proper?

Secondly, to rather contact the organizers directly and make then aware of these issues, preferably with the names or numbers of these competitors so that they can be banned from future events!!

Thirdly, post the names of these bastards who are "Raping" the echo system so much on Sealine so that everyone knows who they are??

Then, come and take part in the next event at the harbor and if (With your own eyes), you see that the organizers have done nothing to heed your words, publicly take them on,in this matter?

Again, I share your concerns and also believe that these issues should be sorted out to ensure our future in this sport? It must just be done in the proper way, without implicating innocent people?

Tight lines Stinkmossel?
 

stinkmossel

Sealiner
nee ou maat , ek verstaan jou punt maar ek gaan nie saam met jou stem nie.
ek ken ook vir Alfie, dis hoekom ek doelbewus glad nie name genoem het nie.
ek vang by daardie dam al vir meer as 20 jaar, en het drie komps gehengel wat deur hulle georganiseer is.
die ondermaat vis was gehou. soos elke liewe jaar.
hoekom word inspekteure nie ingespan nie?
behalwe vir die ondermaat vis, is daar altyd issues met die dam area/of daar gevang kan word of nie.
my grootste pyn in hierdie artikel was gewees die hoeveelheid klein vis wat gevang en gehou word.
en ja, ek het dit hoevele keer met my eie oe gesien.
ek is nie lus om my ma se po#s vertel te word aanmekaar as ek sulke manne moet reg wys nie.ek ry self 150km daarna toe om myself te gaan geniet- nie polisieman te speel nie.
twee jaar gelede toe was daar groot ongelukkigheid by van die pyp manne omdat ek my bek gerek het. hoekom moet ek dit aanmekaar doen.
n mens sal verwag dat daar by so "well published event" ten minste inspekteure sal wees wat aktief permitte check en size/bag limits.
ek weet presies wat daar aangaan, glo my.
ongelukkig, as so event gehou word , dan moet alle areas gekontroleer word. nie net die lekker bymekaarkom deel en kuier na die tyd nie.
ek is regtig speit dat jy sy naam genoem het...ek sou nie.....
soos ons weet le die verantwoordelikheid by elkeen van ons om die reels noukeurig na te kom, en ongelukkig weet ons ook dat die oorgrote meerderheid hengelaars niks omgee vir daai reels nie.(sad but true)
so ja, ek hengel nie weer daai komp nie, - dit maak my die donner in om te sien hoe so n spesiale plek so deur die gat getrek word.
ons almal weet van die steeknette in die dam, die bloedwurm poachers etc. net meer kontrole is nodig.
dis al.
 

stinkmossel

Sealiner
DewaldL wrote:
Stinkmossel, I agree that it is an outrage that anglers, in times where everybody know's fish stock are declining still do such things and take more than the bag limit,or under size fish!! It should be stopped and such people should be made to pay the highest price for there discretion's!!

What I don't agree with , is that the way your article was written, it sounds like you are placing MOST of the blame on the organizers??

Firstly - All of us know that when it comes to the harbor competitions, the first name that pops up is Alfie Randell? Now like many of you, I have known Alfie for many years and he has always done a stellar job of taking entries and getting everyone thru the gates so we can all enjoy the rare opportunity to fish there? So in blaming the "Organizers" , you are making it sound like Alfie didn't do his job properly? Which in fact is the exact not the case! Alfie had nothing to do with the organizing of the event, and was only respossible for the entries!!

I know you didn't state any specific names, but like I said his name is synonyms with this event and I don't think it is fare to publicly tarnish his name?

Now I do agree that the "Organizers" should have made better arrangements to make sure such things get monitored, by involving sea fisheries, getting the Parks Board to check licences, catch sizes and bag limits!!

But I also think that if these "Witnesses" who were so many saw these things happening and did NOT do a thing about it .. that THEY are AS responsible for letting it happen by not even reporting it to the organizers!!

I myself(I'm not part of the organizers, just a normal angler), fished not 100m from the pipe and took regular walks up and down the whole area. Whenever I saw someone that did NOT comply with the rules, or ethics of fishing, I simply went up to them and in a friendly manor made them attent of the rules and asked them to correct it? Not one person I spoke to gave me grief or put up a fuss!!

Also considering that from the morning 5am till 6pm, I myself had almost NO bites, and that between 176 anglers 6 fish came out for weigh in, for the whole day??It does sound a bit exaggerated by saying that some anglers had 30 to 40 undersized fish in there coolers? Especially if you did not see it yourself?

I am not trying to make an enemy out of you, you are clearly a passionate and ethical angler with a great love for the sea, and if more guys were like you we would most likely all be better off and have better fishing spots and more fish to go around?

I simply think that the correct way of going about this problem would have been to firstly, "Kak" the guys who saw this and did nothing about it out good and proper?

Secondly, to rather contact the organizers directly and make then aware of these issues, preferably with the names or numbers of these competitors so that they can be banned from future events!!

Thirdly, post the names of these bastards who are "Raping" the echo system so much on Sealine so that everyone knows who they are??

Then, come and take part in the next event at the harbor and if (With your own eyes), you see that the organizers have done nothing to heed your words, publicly take them on,in this matter?

Again, I share your concerns and also believe that these issues should be sorted out to ensure our future in this sport? It must just be done in the proper way, without implicating innocent people?

Tight lines Stinkmossel?

moenie worry oor enemy nie- ons almal is passionate hengelaars.

groete.
 

DewaldL

New member
Agreed Stinkmossel!!

I Hope the "Organizers" take note and make sure these things get sorted before the next competition??
 

ana

New member
They say empty vessels make the most noise....

For a guys with 2 post to your name, that's a rather big statement...

I suggest before making anymore uneducated statements that you get to know the guys.

Admin "K"
 

stinkmossel

Sealiner
jis Benna, maar daai drol het darem n mooi shine op hom!

 

hy het seker bedoel die ouens wat undersize vis hou en dan skel en vloek as jy hulle konfronteer...?
 

ana

New member
stinkmossel wrote:
jis Benna, maar daai drol het darem n mooi shine op hom!

 

hy het seker bedoel die ouens wat undersize vis hou en dan skel en vloek as jy hulle konfronteer...?
That is what I meant at admin pleas refrain from jumping to conclusions I was way from my computer at the time to rectify and realize how my post came across but thank you admin for clearing the air on that matter.
 

ana

New member
Stinkmossel apologies if my post offended you that was not the message I was trying to put across.
 

ana

New member
ana wrote:
stinkmossel wrote:
jis Benna, maar daai drol het darem n mooi shine op hom!

 

hy het seker bedoel die ouens wat undersize vis hou en dan skel en vloek as jy hulle konfronteer...?
That is what I meant at admin pleas refrain from jumping to conclusions I was way from my computer at the time to rectify and realize how my post came across but thank you admin for clearing the air on that matter.
This was the message but it actually does not matter any more caus attacking people for a misunderstanding is not my scene.
 

ana

New member
Oh and one more thing to all the guys who attacked me including admin I may only be new to sealine however thier is a respectable manner in which to address a problem being new it comes as a great shock that guys who has thousand of post lack the intelligence to approach a situation in a civil way thus avoiding unnesacasry heartache caused by words spoken. We might be fishermen/women but I'm sur their is a level of respect that goes with that maybe you should learn to practice it then newbies like myself will feel welcome.
 

whalerider

Sealiner
ana wrote:
They say empty vessels make the most noise....

For a guys with 2 post to your name, that's a rather big statement...

I suggest before making anymore uneducated statements that you get to know the guys.

Admin "K"
So ana , please explain who the empty vessels are ?? the guys on the forum or the hook and cookers who murders the undersize fish at th dam ??
 
Top