TRINI 40 OR 50

HMGLAPPIES

New member
[align=left]Hi all[/align]
I want 2 upgrade my tackle for the big ones.How much braid and mono can i fit on the trinidad 40 and 50?

What is a good price 2 pay for these nice reels and what HMG rods will fit these reels or must i give gremlins a call?

Thanks

Lappies
 

Kumz

Sealiner
Hi Lappies !!!

Are u looking for swimbaits only or a combo ?

Personally i wud say start with the TN40 ...

I wus say go about 900 m braid - Whiplash & then you can get about +- 200m topshot ..0.50 .

Yep call Gremlins ...

but before you buy a rod try the rods 1st !!!

If you can make it to Leeukop sometime , you can test my rods out !!!

Hope this helps !!!
Good luck !!!
 

HMGLAPPIES

New member
Hi Kumz!!!

I want 2 use it as a combo swim & sliding.

What do you think of T-Line for topshot 0.55.

I would like a rod that can handle 10 oz with eeze and swimbait.what can you recommend Kumz?

Thanks for advice Kumz
 

HMGLAPPIES

New member
Where is leeukop and when is the next meeting?  
BlahBlah.gif
 

Kumz

Sealiner
Hi ,

I would suggest the Pentagon HMG heavy with 2 tips !!!

Gather we can meet & you can try my Shark extreme as well !!!

Leeukop is in Midrand - behing Kyalami .. in the Prison !!!

Keep an eye on GP thread you may see a meeting soon !!!
 

Weedeater

Sealiner
Kumz wrote:
Hi Lappies !!!

Are u looking for swimbaits only or a combo ?

Personally i wud say start with the TN40 ...

I wus say go about 900 m braid - Whiplash & then you can get about +- 200m topshot ..0.50 .

Yep call Gremlins ...

but before you buy a rod try the rods 1st !!!

If you can make it to Leeukop sometime , you can test my rods out !!!

Hope this helps !!!
Good luck !!!

Kumzie
No way in hell you'll fit 900m 50lb Whiplash on a TN40 with mono on top. I would go max 750m braid, the rest .55 mono.
 

Weedeater

Sealiner
Nope. I had a TN40 and spooled the 50lb Whiplash myself (very tight) and there was NO way you would fit more than 800m 50lb Whiplash and more than 120m .55 mono on top of that.
 
Top