Tips, tricks and hints

SLAYD

New member
Hey Zulu, that repair looks really good. Couple questions. Once completed will they be "sea legal"? Obviously want them looking as good as possible but ultimately safety is number 1. Also cost? Merlin reckons plus minus R1500 on my sons and 500 on mine but he hasnt seen them so not guaranteed. The pic I posted is not all the damage, there is more. And lastly how long would it take? Ideally it would be best for me if you could repair them as then I dont have to try get them to Durbs. Many thanks. PS Alutex? the strangest fiber you ever used or the strongest?
 

Attachments

  • wahoo1.JPG
    wahoo1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 266

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
SLAYD, once repaired your crafts will be safe and sea worthy. I do not want to discuss costs, I'll get my guys to collect the skis and you could even drive through to the factory and we can discuss the repairs/costs. I would however be more comfortable quoting once I've seen the skis... As for time, a couple of days at most...

ALUTEX is a form of fibreglass with strands of aluminium woven into the fabric - It's slightly stronger than standard fibreglass but has the added benefit of being lighter. When it's comes to carbon fibre and kevlar, ALUTEX is your middle range alternative without the costs. My MAKO was already built from this, I did not want to change the pattern or the look, definitely one of the strangest materials I've used.
 

SLAYD

New member
That sounds good. Not sure if I could drive through but you welcome to collect the skis and look at them and give me a guesstimate.I have a meeting in the Bay on 19 August and that will probably be the next time I am there. A couple of days is probably a bit quick for my wallet. Need to get a bit of cash together again (couple weeks) to pay repairs as have only just paid for the skis.  Let me know when you can send your guys and Ill give you my details.
Cheers.
My email: watkins@telkomsa.net
Cell: 0832324252

On a positive note I contacted Midas and they seem genuinely concerned and are arranging pick up of the racks to see what went wrong. I wait in anticipation.
;)
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
My site crew have been informed of a collection in Eshowe and will expedite accordingly... As for MIDAS, who knows maybe things work out and they somehow can assist you with the costs.
 

SLAYD

New member
Hi there, got skis repaired at Republic Sport adventure in Durban North. Did a great job and at a good price. They were recommended by Mervin from Stealth so I think they are approved agents for Stealth.
 
Top