The 'BEST' dropshots..

Sage

Senior Member
Hi guys...There are so many types of dropshots out there,but Im not always sure which one to get.Being so expensive you have to be quite specific on what you buy!

I would like to know what are your guys TOP 5 dropshot lures???^^..

Plz help!
 

Shimaiwa

New member
1) Cammo Worm

2) 2 inch Charteuse Realitix Minnow

3) Yo-Zuri Pin's Minow 2"

4) 4" Pearl watermeleon shad

5) Pumpkin Seed Grub
 

ants

Sealiner
^^..Please help guys. I have fished every single facet you can imagine. Now it's time for drop shot. I want to do it right first time however: My Question. The cammon worms by Berkley seems to be a favourite amongst you guys. Which size must I buy. I also made a list of all the suggested favourites but am nervous that the same might happen as with my bass fishings. Thousands of worms and only 2 that I use!

Anthony Singleton

asingleton@merck.co.za
 

Homie

Sealiner
Hey Ants,
The camo worm somes in a new 2.5" ! That works best, as the older ones had to be broken into smaller pieces !
 

Homie

Sealiner
Hey Ants.
1/8 jighed,
Let it settle, and retrieve with a twitch on the rod, immitate a worm on the bottom.
 

Johan S

Senior Member
I break the cammo worms into smaller pieces of about 3cm to 5 cm. Most success has been on the 1/8oz jigheads, but they typically have a hooksize that is a bit large when fishing in really close and you want to catch some smaller species. I will be experimenting when I'm at the coast again with normal hooks with pieces of solder twisted around the top of the shank. These jigheads are awefully expensive for low quality hooks that bend open easily, so if this works, I'll be happy...

As for the two worms you'll end up using, I've only found one, and that is the cammo ;)
 

killy

New member
neil g .,i agree with berkly camo worm and onda onda but i have never tried berkley squid.tell us more about your experience with this    killy 
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
Heyta...... "The Mummy Returns"

Now that I see this topic up and kicking again, might just as well list my 2c of what I think the top 5 brands (in my books) is..............

in no specific order

Sensation

Eco Gear

Cultiva

Berkley

McCarthy

When it comes to range availability Berkley wins by far.
:fishn
 

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
In no order.

Strike King Zulus & Glass Minnows

Onda Onda

Snipers

Rapalas, Storm & Cultiva Hard Plastics

Berkley

Eco Gear

 
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
I'm new to dropshot but I have found that the Gulp 3" minnow in new penny colour on a 1/8 jighead is getting more bites than a camo worm when I fish it over sand banks in the river mouths. I think the new penny colour is a good colour imitation of a sand prawn. The 3" minnow is also versatile in profile that it could imitate a prawn, shrimp or bait fish with different retreives
 

Alton

New member
If got about 10 different tipes of lures in my box the best ons so far is this one
 

Attachments

  • IMAGE_010.jpg
    IMAGE_010.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 332
Top