stealth evo pimped for bassing

bassbug

New member
here is a pic of my kayak, ready to do bassing. it can carry 5 rods (bass fisherman you know), 4 rods in custome made rod holder and the 5th lyas ontop of the wet hatch. in front of wet hatch i have a solar panel, charging a 7amp sealed battery which powers my fishfinder, bilge pump and aerator pump. a livewell in the dry hatch, can hold 25 litres easily
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20121208-00047.jpg
    IMG-20121208-00047.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 299

bassbug

New member
here is a pic showing the front of kayak. sporting my solar panel, it is small enough and powers my battery all day. notice my anchor guide rope, its a single rope attached to handle and drain plug infront. it also has a dropper rope where the anchor ropes gets attached then with the help from wind and paddle the dropper slides to its position in front. my anchor is attached to a fly reel which holds 20m of line, its compact, no more tangles and very easy to use.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20121208-00048.jpg
    IMG-20121208-00048.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 298

bassbug

New member
this pic shows the rear end, customed made rod holder, its made from pvc pipes. it fits smuggly into two rod holders supplied by kayak, easily inserted and removed. i also carry a small paddle, this is used as an trolling motor, correcting the kayak into position, holding onto a spot, slow drifting etc. as in front of kayak i also added another anchor guide rope with dropper, just in case i want to be anchored behind. the dry hatch is a livewell, i have fitted an bilge pump inside. this bilge pump is not fixed to the kayak, it lays losely but i had to drill two holes for drain plugs on the hatch lid, so that pipes and electrical cables pass into hatch
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20121208-00049.jpg
    IMG-20121208-00049.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 299

bassbug

New member
here is my livewell in operation, water being circulated and bubbles from a areator.

try and check the dark shadow under the bubbles (top right hand corner) its a 700 gram bass.

i also want to say a huge big thank you to SPEEDMASTER for pushing, motivating me to build this livewell as i need it for comps (a requirement from The Basschallenge forum)
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20121208-00050.jpg
    IMG-20121208-00050.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 291

bassbug

New member
Sweet Psy, the solar panel with a charge controller cost me just over R500 about a year ago. Builderswarehouse had a stand not so long ago with ellies products, and a simiLar thing , I was qouted 590.
 

Psy

Sealiner
Nice man, I looked at this idea too.

check this blokes ski down under, with panel mount!!

http://akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57091&p=601522&hilit=solar+panel#p601522

:)
 

bassbug

New member
Wow that solar is much better, mine is fitted into a picture frame and sealed, it also has a glass pane not ideal but I've had no incidents yet. Have you seen these "cloth" type solars in s.a.?
 

Psy

Sealiner
yah, they use them for sat radios, check the 4x4 forums!!

they are very much alike the panel used on that blokes ski, roll out roll up!!

http://www.thesafaricompany.co.za/partners/flexopower.htm

noice!!

:)
 

bassbug

New member
Pdooobleu, sounds like you scared to add mods to a stealth. My mods are easily assembled and removed without hurting the kayak, the only drilling I did was on the lid of dry hatch to fit drain plugs (an item that is easily obtained). When i go bassing, it takes me about 7 minutes to set it up with rods and takle. When I go home the kayak remains as the day I bought it off the shelf

here is a pic showing all the stuff i take with when bassing

 

 

 
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20121208-00045.jpg
    IMG-20121208-00045.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 263

bassbug

New member
Howzit frikkie, the pump I use is an outdoor 12v shower pump I bought from the outdoor warehouse for about R200, I trimmed the hose down to 1m. I fill the livewell two ways, bucket or pump, the collapsible bucket takes 3,75 liters (filled six times to meet comp rules - 20 liters min for a bag of 3 fish) or I use the pump by simply removing it from inside the hatch and dropping into the dam, pump until desired depth of water has reached then I thru the pump back inside the hatch for circulation. I also check on water temp, if water warms up I simply remove the lid of hatch (which holds the end of hose), allowing the pumped water to drain outside as I add cooler water from dam with the bucket.
 

bassbug

New member
Hey frikkie, its a fresh water pump (not sure) but again nothing lasts int the salt. Once you have used I guess washing or rising it in fresh water should be ok.
Something very important about my livewell "make sure it is sealed". The manufacturer did only half of the job and I did the other half. The internal walls of dry hatch should meet the underside of deck. The manufacturer only sealed these walls near the hatch lid and I did the rest, not so easy as I have a biggest head and can't fit into hatch for inspection, so I asked my son and he did an awesome job
 
have a pope's kayak, checked the dry well sealed very good. going to give it a try and see how long the pump lasts, wanna keep some mullet for live bait, thinking that might even work if i fit only a air pump. Somme change the water with a fold up bucket if it do get to warm, should be able to last a little while before the water gets warm.
 

bassbug

New member
Sweet frikkie good luck, I reckon it should work well.
When it comes to aerator pumps ( I've only seen two types) at tackles stores near me, rapala and sensation. The rapala was a waste of money, it has no power to even blown bubbles, but the sensation, wow, vooooma dude. It can run on your 12v or a 9v battery
 
Top