Spiderwire

Chuck Norris

Senior Member
I'm concidering importing some of this Spiderwire Invisi-braid for my dropshot setup, has anybody used it? Is it any good?

 
 

Attachments

  • Spiderwire.jpg
    Spiderwire.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 333

Chuck Norris

Senior Member
You are looking at $40 plus $2 postage for 300yards of the 10lb invisi-braid i.e. about R330. Or $20 for the 125yards plus $2 postage i.e. about R170.
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
The latest ESA mag Has a Pic of a spiderwire product and it looked like their might be a review. I haven't read it yet. Let me know if you order I may be interested in sampling some. I'd like some more specs like Diametre etc.
 

Reefman

Sealiner
Chuck, I don't know the Spiderwire, but I've just imported some Red Powerpro from EBay... it's a new formulation... hollowcore and apparently as round as you can get braid to be... look pretty awesome. Powerpro is now owned by Shimano, I think...

PS... just a word of warning in importing stuff... the Post Office sometimes adds "customs duty" to the product... one of my imports suddenly doubled in price! If the Supplier states 'gift' on the packaging, this solves a lot of problems.
 

Chuck Norris

Senior Member
benniejordaan wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:
You are looking at $40 plus $2 postage for 300yards of the 10lb invisi-braid i.e. about R330. Or $20 for the 125yards plus $2 postage i.e. about R170.
+ VAT
+ Castoms handling fee, about R150.
I've ordered stuff from the US before without any hasles, last I heard you can import up to R3000, I think without taxes. I'll order the line and lets see what happens.
 
Chuck Norris wrote:
benniejordaan wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:
You are looking at $40 plus $2 postage for 300yards of the 10lb invisi-braid i.e. about R330. Or $20 for the 125yards plus $2 postage i.e. about R170.
+ VAT
+ Castoms handling fee, about R150.
I've ordered stuff from the US before without any hasles, last I heard you can import up to R3000, I think without taxes. I'll order the line and lets see what happens.
Nope! You will pay tax if payable. On clothing for example it's like 30%. But on tackle there is no taxes/duties.

Less than R500 does not need to go through customs, it will be cleared on what is called a SAD306 clearance. Over R500 will go through customs.

But like I said, there will be no duties on tackle.

Cheers

B
 

Craig.fish

New member
Much like fireline, it's a little stiff to begin with but after a couple hrs fishing it's pretty good! Use the 15 / 20lb stuff for offshore soft plastic work, and it does the job.
 

Angus

Sealiner
Need some help here guys: I have just collected my 1800m of Berkley Whiplash ordered off Ebay from the post office...and had to pay the following:

Custom Value: R1568 (124.99 uk pounds)

Customs Dues : R235.07
Vat : R274.25
Clearance Fee: R12.00
TOTAL : R521.30

If there are no duties on tackle....how should I go about sorting this out.
Anybody know for dead certain that there are no such duties payable?
 

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
Reefman wrote:
Chuck, I don't know the Spiderwire, but I've just imported some Red Powerpro from EBay... it's a new formulation... hollowcore and apparently as round as you can get braid to be... look pretty awesome. Powerpro is now owned by Shimano, I think...

PS... just a word of warning in importing stuff... the Post Office sometimes adds "customs duty" to the product... one of my imports suddenly doubled in price! If the Supplier states 'gift' on the packaging, this solves a lot of problems.
Im glad you think so. they still hit me last time
 

woerman

Senior Member
I have 10lb Spyderwire on a Slade reel I use for dropshotting and recently for bass fishing as well and its awesome - go for it!
 
Hi Guys,
Fireline Crystal, Spiderwire Invisi-braid. Same stuff different box, I know.
Pure Fishing. Buy more, buy more, buy more. You get the picture!
 

couta-koppie

Senior Member
Angus wrote:
Need some help here guys: I have just collected my 1800m of Berkley Whiplash ordered off Ebay from the post office...and had to pay the following:

Custom Value: R1568 (124.99 uk pounds)

Customs Dues : R235.07
Vat : R274.25
Clearance Fee: R12.00
TOTAL : R521.30

If there are no duties on tackle....how should I go about sorting this out.
Anybody know for dead certain that there are no such duties payable?
The Customs dues we pay on all our imported items is 35% and never payed a cent less. Like Reefman said, they should say GIFT.
 

jaenswart

Senior Member
Customs duty is a hit and miss. Not worth it for me anymore. I buy locally, that way if it is crap I can take it back.
 
Top