Spawning Yellows - Please be careful!!!

RoryB

Sealiner
I didn't want to hijack Cougers thread so I've started one here on the yellows spawning. 

Guys there are plenty of reports from the vaal coming through that the yellows are starting to spawn in the shallower sections of the river. If you see plenty fish swimming around in the shallows, avoid them at all costs. Venues that have fast shallow water over gravel beds, eg. Ben Joh and Eendekuil, will have hundreds if not thousands of fish spawning. Even if theres no obvious fish activity in the shallows, there will be penty eggs in the gravel. Consider it highly unethical to fish for fish in these conditions, and remember that yellows are endangered, they need all the help they can get. Thanx!
 

4kolfish

New member
we saw lots spawnig on the top of ben joh almost* on the neigbours part of the river...just keep an eye out there.
 

shagnrelease

Sealiner
And dont let me catch you throwing muddies at each other!!!!:X:X
seriously I had to do some educating last year at Arends nes, there was a crowd of laaities jigging the spawning muddies and at stages throwing them at each other....lekka funny.

they wont do it again, or there oom for that matter...

 

EDIT: I know no one on this site would do this, I was just relating how ignorant some folks are.
 
Top