Soetwater.

I&J

New member
I hear the guys are klapping the Galjoen at Soetwater.
Took a drive there today and from the road above, I could not see any part of the sea without sea kelp. It covers the whole area.
Anyone know of a hole free of kelp there?
 

Dorado75

Sealiner
I&J wrote:
I hear the guys are klapping the Galjoen at Soetwater.
Took a drive there today and from the road above, I could not see any part of the sea without sea kelp. It covers the whole area.
Anyone know of a hole free of kelp there?
drive down to the second tidal pool and fish off the left side of the pool wall or in the gully on the cape point side of the pool!
 

I&J

New member
Thanks. Will try next Sunday. Must also check here for the types of lures Galjoen like.
 

alwyn

Senior Member
I&J wrote:
I hear the guys are klapping the Galjoen at Soetwater.
Took a drive there today and from the road above, I could not see any part of the sea without sea kelp. It covers the whole area.
Anyone know of a hole free of kelp there?
The locals actually call it soetewate.:::S
 

sneaky ninja

Senior Member
I did not know you could catch gallies on with lures!
Would you mind explaining technique n wat lures are used?
I would love to catch 1!
 

Bux

Senior Member
Somebody posted a picture of a gallie caught on camoworm, cant remember where exactly though.
 

I&J

New member
The bait guys catch them with white mussle. So I think they would go for anything similar.
Berkley Gulp perhaps.
Want to try this Sunday, weather permitting.
 
Top