, we always try and please our pap gooiers, will see what we can do 
The size of what, your bait or your brass b................I think this will sum up the original question.
Do you need to cast far to get fish.....sometimes
Do you need to read the water like a pro.....sometimes
Do you need to present a bait to perfection....sometimes
Do you need the best and strongest tackle......sometimes
Do you need the best terminal tackle.......sometimes
Do you need all the fancy knot and rigs......sometimes
Fishing is fishing and it's not catching, every dog has his day and luck will fall on anyone. However some have better 'luck' than others. Luck = preparation meeting oppertunity!
Back to slides the only advantage is the size of the bait! I CAN cast a makkie the distance most weekend fishing guys cast thier slides. But I can't cast a 1kg bait bomb that far.
The sharks have always been around, take False Bay, Blue Water Bay......it's just that in most cases they were not attracted by our 'small' baits. I have been picked up a good number of times just behing the shore break when sliding a good sized bait, and that between a good few guys fishing elf and cob size baits.
It's not the distance, BUT THE SIZE that counts!

Sorry boet! Could not resist.:clowI think this will sum up the original question.
Do you need to cast far to get fish.....sometimes
Do you need to read the water like a pro.....sometimes
Do you need to present a bait to perfection....sometimes
Do you need the best and strongest tackle......sometimes
Do you need the best terminal tackle.......sometimes
Do you need all the fancy knot and rigs......sometimes
Fishing is fishing and it's not catching, every dog has his day and luck will fall on anyone. However some have better 'luck' than others. Luck = preparation meeting oppertunity!
Back to slides the only advantage is the size of the bait! I CAN cast a makkie the distance most weekend fishing guys cast thier slides. But I can't cast a 1kg bait bomb that far.
The sharks have always been around, take False Bay, Blue Water Bay......it's just that in most cases they were not attracted by our 'small' baits. I have been picked up a good number of times just behing the shore break when sliding a good sized bait, and that between a good few guys fishing elf and cob size baits.
It's not the distance, BUT THE SIZE that counts! Sometimes!