:sha According to almost everyone the Onda Onde is

Pieter Grobler

New member
:sha According to almost everyone the Onda Onde is discontinued.
I found this look-alike and want to know what you think...

It's the Gladiator Sea-Lo (in my case the SL3 S7) which almost looks like the purple Onda.

According to the guys at Gani's Angling World it's got the same action as an original Onda...
 

Attachments

  • Gladiator Sea Lo.JPG
    Gladiator Sea Lo.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 476

jaenswart

Senior Member
looks doesn't count , action does. What does it cost Pieter. Let us know once you have tested it. In my opinion Onda's overpriced
 

Psy

Sealiner
found look alikes....made by the same company called: Maria (MIURA JAPAN)
same deal as well balanced....

:)
 

tauruck

Sealiner
I've never used the Onde but if they're available at a premium because they are no longer manufactured your question should be where to still find them and not what they cost.

This lure has a "reputation" of note and my belief is that you should pay a little more for the good stuff.

Why only pay more for the good reels, rods etc but waste money by buying cheap immitations when it comes to lures.

Everyone says how great the Onde is but no one wants to pay!!!!!

I find that strange.
 
tauruck wrote:
I've never used the Onde but if they're available at a premium because they are no longer manufactured your question should be where to still find them and not what they cost.

This lure has a "reputation" of note and my belief is that you should pay a little more for the good stuff.

Why only pay more for the good reels, rods etc but waste money by buying cheap immitations when it comes to lures.

Everyone says how great the Onde is but no one wants to pay!!!!!

I find that strange.
We don't want to pay more because they end up in the rocks at the bottom of the ocean. You can easily throw a few away per day fishing in the wrong or shall I say right places.

PS The Onda is good, but not that good! Initially they were cheap and when it became the "in thing" the price went up, doubled in fact.
 

Pieter Grobler

New member
@ R89-00 each I think it's quite affordable...
and they come in great colours too.
Check out their website :p www.gladiatorlures.co.za
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
i Agree with Bennie .
Onde's Are good . Damn Good . but at R110 bucks a pop i Was too Pope scared to USE them - Now what the hell's the point in Owning an Onde when you Look After it Like that scaly lil Rascal did the RIng In Lord Of the rings ???????????
" Myyyy Precciousssssssssssssss" ......

Ag Nee Man , O vader .
If you buy a Lure ya gotta be able to use it .
Call Me snoep , but Losing Onde's was Just Not a healthy appetite for Me . Neil G Had Plenty succes with them , and When the chance arises , I'm telling you I will Triumphantly Pull out an Onde when Abel Takes Me with to Dropshot .

There are other Makes Now , local too I am told ?ike those New chase spoons . i Reckon They'll give the Damn Onde a Run for it's Money like it's Nobodie's business .

Bennie you Must send me your cell no. Man - i Keep using Cellphone's as sinkers .
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
Gummy also Makes a copy Of this Lure too . By the Way thats a nice lure you got there . the Onde's do have a unique swim action . Unique , but Not unbeatable .

Pm Neil G, the Man's a Walking encyclopedia on lures .
 

tauruck

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:
tauruck wrote:
I've never used the Onde but if they're available at a premium because they are no longer manufactured your question should be where to still find them and not what they cost.

This lure has a "reputation" of note and my belief is that you should pay a little more for the good stuff.

Why only pay more for the good reels, rods etc but waste money by buying cheap immitations when it comes to lures.

Everyone says how great the Onde is but no one wants to pay!!!!!

I find that strange.
We don't want to pay more because they end up in the rocks at the bottom of the ocean. You can easily throw a few away per day fishing in the wrong or shall I say right places.

PS The Onda is good, but not that good! Initially they were cheap and when it became the "in thing" the price went up, doubled in fact.


And you, the lure builder of lure builders would just leave the price fixed when you had the best lure out there.

I guess we should buy Ferraris at Tata prices.

I thought you were a business man.

They end up getting lost on the rocks because YOU throw them there, Duh!!!!!!!

So tell us which lure is the "ONE" seeing that the Onde is NOT that good.
 
tauruck wrote:
benniejordaan wrote:
tauruck wrote:
I've never used the Onde but if they're available at a premium because they are no longer manufactured your question should be where to still find them and not what they cost.

This lure has a "reputation" of note and my belief is that you should pay a little more for the good stuff.

Why only pay more for the good reels, rods etc but waste money by buying cheap immitations when it comes to lures.

Everyone says how great the Onde is but no one wants to pay!!!!!

I find that strange.
We don't want to pay more because they end up in the rocks at the bottom of the ocean. You can easily throw a few away per day fishing in the wrong or shall I say right places.

PS The Onda is good, but not that good! Initially they were cheap and when it became the "in thing" the price went up, doubled in fact.


And you, the lure builder of lure builders would just leave the price fixed when you had the best lure out there.

I guess we should buy Ferraris at Tata prices.

I thought you were a business man.

They end up getting lost on the rocks because YOU throw them there, Duh!!!!!!!

So tell us which lure is the "ONE" seeing that the Onde is NOT that good.
NO Mickey you are the expert "lure builder" remember. I think you even said once that I was just a lure builder wanna be, remember. Not sure if those were your exact words but I think along those lines. Besides you have a hell of a lot more experience with lures, fishing them and making them.

Go to my site: www.demontackle.co.za. Take a look! Normally a 300 gram vertical jig cost R75 each. I sell them for R38. Could easily push that to R50, BUT I DON'T. So I guess the answer is yes, I'll sell it at realistic prices. Is  R38 too little, or do you think I should rip my customers off rather? You seem to be of that opinion.

Seems we were typing at the same time! Yes you are right. if you go fishing it happens. How many fish have you caught on an Onde or anything similar. You get the fish by the rocks!

As I said, OLD SCHOOL V shaped and S-bend spoons are still the best. And so is the chisels etc. I know because we actually use them and and we've tried everything...
 

tackle whore

Senior Member
Onda Onda are still available in the yamashita catalogue ,look at the BULLCHOP and MISS CARNA for good lures as well there are a few floating around still . the QTY are too much to import Onda Onda , Yamaria want 500 per colour per order-9 colours . ANY ONE HAS A BLUE CODE C-TYPE[any colour] stickbaits please let me know , the best baby stickbait yellowtail lure ever .
 

neilg

Sealiner
tauruck wrote:
Everyone says how great the Onde is but no one wants to pay!!!!!

Oh no, I complain about the price, BUT whenever I see a purple one I buy it immediately.

I think my "purple" collection stands at something like 9 big and 2 small
 

neilg

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:
As I said, OLD SCHOOL V shaped and S-bend spoons are still the best. And so is the chisels etc. I know because we actually use them and and we've tried everything...
Careful young man (or old toppie),

now you moving into my territory ...

every lure has it's place, but don't you dare comparing lead and tin to my purple resin SWIMMING lure, you WILL get problems ... !

Just one thing on the Onda (that I have noticed), the closer you are to the water the better your success rate, standing on Piers casting them is a waste of time, they are too light and quickly work their way to the surface. I prefer to use them with my rod tip in the water ...
 

Poenskop

Senior Member
I just came back from Mias Woodmead. The 2oz Chase spoons are marked at R110.:shock:I am probaly a cheapskate but as soon as a lure gets some airtime(ESA,Fishingmags), the price shoots trough the roof.
 

khan

Senior Member
Poenskop wrote:
I just came back from Mias Woodmead. The 2oz Chase spoons are marked at R110.:shock:I am probaly a cheapskate but as soon as a lure gets some airtime(ESA,Fishingmags), the price shoots trough the roof.
You need to really start supporting the guys here on Sealine, who pays for advertising and you will get those spoons much cheaper.
 

Poenskop

Senior Member
khan wrote:
Poenskop wrote:
I just came back from Mias Woodmead. The 2oz Chase spoons are marked at R110.:shock:I am probaly a cheapskate but as soon as a lure gets some airtime(ESA,Fishingmags), the price shoots trough the roof.
You need to really start supporting the guys here on Sealine, who pays for advertising and you will get those spoons much cheaper.
They are also a advertiser on sealine. I will never pay that prices. I just like to hang out in tackleshops and check everything out. When it is time for me to stock up again I know where to buy.
 
Top