Seagrand DC Oval

Koper

Senior Member
Some time ago I had a broken rod replaced by Purglas, the replacement rod was a PG Slimline 350/2 blank, that was build for me by Enigma.  Beginning of this year I started looking for a rod for my laaitjie to fish with, and seeing that the 350/2 treated me so well, I decided to get another one.  Well, the call to Craig was made. 

After hearing my request, he made a suggestion that I rather look at the Sensation DC Oval blank.  What more can I say, except to state for the record that I'm very, very sorry that my name is not Devan, and that the rod is not mine::S.  Build was done excellent as always (thanx Craig), and the rod, well, it cast like a dream, it has one hell of a backbone, and is the best scratching rod that I used up to now, this is from the few times Devan let me handled the rod!:SSS.  Rod is paired with either a Tor14 or a SL30SH.  Lucky bugger.......

Some photos of the rod:

IMG_00000232.jpg


IMG_00000233.jpg


Bit difficult to see the oval shape on the pics.

IMG_00000235.jpg


IMG_00000236.jpg


IMG_00000237.jpg


Fluke, in the PG Slimline thread you asked me for a pic of the Slimline's action, check out the action of the DC Oval compared to the Slimline (5 x 6oz sinkers on tip).

No need to tell you which is which:fbash

IMG_00000230.jpg


Lastly, a big thanx to Ants who played courier for us and delivered the rod safe & sound in Hentiesbay for Devan.

Hentiesbaai%25202013%2520%252891%2529%2520%2528Large%2529.JPG
 

Koper

Senior Member
Springvis wrote:
Wat jy eintlik sê is dat ek so stok moet laat maak ipv die seagrand?
Hoe gaan dit meneer?

Seagrand is die naam waaronder Craig al sy stokke bou, maak nie saak watter blank hy gebruik.

MAW, jy't al klaar 'n Seagrand...

Weet nie of die stok vir jou sal werk nie, jy's mos 'n hemelbesem, dis 'n 12'6.  Kom speel die naweek met hom.
 

Enigma

Moderator
Thanks Koper what you forgot to mention is Devan "The KAPTEIN" Kicked sand in all of your faces with the rod on your last Namibia trip.

I'm chomping at the bit to get back to the office next week.
The Whole range of Blanks is now available, just waiting for the Pricing to be confirmed.

This was the 12'6" 1-4oz rod, what else has arrived

10'6" 1-4oz (2pce)
12' 2-5oz (2pce)
14' 4-7oz (3pce)
14' 6-9oz (3pce)
13' 5-10oz (3pce)
 

Koper

Senior Member
Enigma wrote:
Thanks Koper what you forgot to mention is Devan "The KAPTEIN" Kicked sand in all of your faces with the rod on your last Namibia trip.

I'm chomping at the bit to get back to the office next week.
The Whole range of Blanks is now available, just waiting for the Pricing to be confirmed.

This was the 12'6" 1-4oz rod, what else has arrived

10'6" 1-4oz (2pce)
12' 2-5oz (2pce)
14' 4-7oz (3pce)
14' 6-9oz (3pce)
13' 5-10oz (3pce)
He he Craig

That's the kind of stuff you don't say on a public forum...
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
Thanks for the pic of the action Koper. That DC's action looks awesome, I love a fast action for eds.
One day when I give the sharks a break I'll look at upgrading my BM G3 12 2-4 to something like that DC
 

Enigma

Moderator
Hey FLuke, hows this...... you need one now while fishing for sharks..... Perfect for catching bait or scratching while waing for a bite. Grinder or multiplier go 100% on the rod and is perfect as a Plugging, Bucktail, Paddletail or light bait rod......:spite
 

DL

Senior Member
Awesome rod your laaitjie have there Koper!

I was lucky enough to have Enigma build me a 13ft 6oz Sensation Oval "prototype" rod over a year ago! I absolutely love this rod, it casts like dream!

Considering to get the 13' 5-10oz for heavy ed's and non-ed's fishing!
 

smiley6996

Sealiner
Enigma wrote:
Hey FLuke, hows this...... you need one now while fishing for sharks..... Perfect for catching bait or scratching while waing for a bite. Grinder or multiplier go 100% on the rod and is perfect as a Plugging, Bucktail, Paddletail or light bait rod......:spite

this is the devil him self talking:fbash
 

FLUKE

Sealiner
smiley6996 wrote:
Enigma wrote:
Hey FLuke, hows this...... you need one now while fishing for sharks..... Perfect for catching bait or scratching while waing for a bite. Grinder or multiplier go 100% on the rod and is perfect as a Plugging, Bucktail, Paddletail or light bait rod......:spite

this is the devil him self talking:fbash

:hyst::hyst: 

@ Craig, first I want my Assasin & 350/7 grip changed to the spiral grip like you did on my /6.
 

tjopsie

Senior Member
KOPER ek maak so baie danq aangesien ek nog n PRO-Nutro is n die rots en strand hengel moet ek iewers to begin om oordentlike gery te koop.
 

Joker

Senior Member
Lucky son you have there Koper.

Awesome looking rod. And now I even read that the rod and son combo kicked sand in your faces :)
 

Koper

Senior Member
Joker wrote:
Lucky son you have there Koper.

Awesome looking rod. And now I even read that the rod and son combo kicked sand in your faces :)
I did managed to equal the deficit on the last day...;)

But I'm being constantly reminded that he had the lead for most of the trip!
 
Top