Saltwater Flyers in Uitenhage?

Aldo

New member
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out if there are any other saltwater fly fishers on this forum living in Uitenhage??
 

Aldo

New member
fished Perseverance on Friday and Sunday. Got 1 leerie Friday and Sunday 1 small leerie and 2 cob. Looking for partners.:wfish

 
 

tk

New member
Are you a member on flytalk.co.za? I havent fished perseverance for a while. wouldnt mind throwing a few flies sometime! just been to busy lately!
 

Aldo

New member
Howzit TK,

Yes, I'm a member of flytalk already, thanks.

Went to Perceverance about a week ago and wacked the skippies. Got 2 of 950, 1 of 700, 1 of 600, 4 of 450 - 500.

I went back in the week again and drew a blank. I think there might be only one or maybe two schools around and it's a question of locating them. Drag nets have been doing loads of damage!

I was unfortunately using a new 10wgt when I got these fish, but it was still great fun none the less. One particular fish took over 150m of line (very light drag) and jumped before turning and running all the way back to me. There were some exciting moments in that fight where I thought I had lost the fish, but he remained on untill the end. Great fight.

I want to target some leeries in the surf off Van Stadens, Gamtoos or Sundays the weekend. Depending on where the surf would allow me to get to the dropoff the easiest.

Have a good one.
 

tk

New member
nice fish there aldo.. Good to hear they are around. have been very scarce for a number of seasons, so i here... I havent caught one in a while..

There have been plenty leerie around. We have been catching them at the breakwaters at couga and PE.. Just need to get a fly to them!!

Let me know how it goes! Im hoping to fish percys next week, depending on my lecture timetable!!
 
Top