Rod, what you guys think?

I've been sent a couple of these. The factory want's me to test and see if they are suitable for the SA market.

180XHS Extra Heavy action Rated 20-70 grams.
180HS Heavy action Rated 14-40 grams.

All components are Fuji

First impressions???
 

Attachments

  • rod.JPG
    rod.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 278

neilg

Sealiner
Bennie
send to me, I'LL TEST THEM AT SEA for you ...

Get them to make us a 10ft version
here are some of my ideas
- thin blank, the thinner the better
- LONG buttsection like on the Berkley Air
- blank into buttsection (like on the rod pictured) with the cut out section
- 8 to 9 guides
- MUST BE ABLE TO REALLY cast 4oz in XH version
- to be used with anything from 14-30lb Braid
- good quality reelseat
- 2 pc

THE IDEAL ROCK AND SURF SPINNING ROD

Not HMG, would suggest IM7 MAX, rods like these take severe punishment and HMG is just too brittle.

most people don't realise for both spinning and jigging, that cut out section helps ALOT to prevent painful armpits and makes handling the rod much more comfortable !
 
neilg wrote:
Bennie
send to me, I'LL TEST THEM AT SEA for you ...

Get them to make us a 10ft version
here are some of my ideas
- thin blank, the thinner the better
- LONG buttsection like on the Berkley Air
- blank into buttsection (like on the rod pictured) with the cut out section
- 8 to 9 guides
- MUST BE ABLE TO REALLY cast 4oz in XH version
- to be used with anything from 14-30lb Braid
- good quality reelseat
- 2 pc

THE IDEAL ROCK AND SURF SPINNING ROD

Not HMG, would suggest IM7 MAX, rods like these take severe punishment and HMG is just too brittle.

most people don't realise for both spinning and jigging, that cut out section helps ALOT to prevent painful armpits and makes handling the rod much more comfortable !
Hey niel,

The XH has a place, I'm going to take it off shore where the bonnies congregate. Looking to place the heavy 15-40 grams. Need someone who will use it and get some sort of result within say a month or so.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Hi Bennie,

I think B8Fish (Brendan) is your man, he has test a few products for Akals before. He's also leaving soon for Moz for a week or two - that just might be one of the best places to test the rod. Drop him a PM. If you want, I can give his cell number via PM to you.

Regards,

Juan
 
JUANP wrote:
Hi Bennie,

I think B8Fish (Brendan) is your man, he has test a few products for Akals before. He's also leaving soon for Moz for a week or two - that just might be one of the best places to test the rod. Drop him a PM. If you want, I can give his cell number via PM to you.

Regards,

Juan
Thanks for that!
He may be the guy! I'll send him a PM.
 
Top