rapalas in breede

SuperFly

New member
no I have not eaten one as everything I have read says they are not - guess that's why I love this forum - you get the truth from people who know because they have done it
 

Freakazoid

Senior Member
Don't get me wrong, there are much better fish to eat in the sea. But they are very descent to eat. I think it might be better for their survival just to let everybody believe they are bad. But as HT says a lot. Experiment with fishing, you might as well try it with eating the buggers as well.
 

TOE 007

Sealiner
i have never killed or gaffed a Leerie , such beauts i treat with the utmost respect! I love gooing lures at them though !
 

Freakazoid

Senior Member
We once caught a 5kg leerie in 15m of water while bottom fishing. It was quite a surprise. It was caught with a small elf as livebait. That day there was small fish around like crazy. Elf, small kob, varkies and a hostof other things.
 

Raptor

Senior Member
They`ve been  quiet for some time now...we`ve actaully managed to land "whole" fish for a change!!!

Cheers
 
Top