Please advise on a rod!

Hi guys,
I just broke my Daiwa Exceller XXH trying to pull the head off something I never saw! Now I need a new rod and was wondering on your opinion.

Cast weight 1-2 Oz. Mybe 3 Oz.
8' long would be perfect!
I will be using it with an Exceller 4000 Plus

I want something that will cast but has a very strong back bone.

The rod will be used 80% off the boat chucking small lures and 20% chucking DS off the beach.
 

eviltoy

Senior Member
Shimano vengeance? Had a look and it is awesome for the price. There are 2 models that would suit you the 2oz and 3oz models. They are cheap cheap.
 

Fanie

Sealiner
Aye Bennie, I can confirm the Shimano rods are amazing for their price ! A bit difficult to advise someone like this but when I have it in my hands I know when it's the right one.

trying to pull the head off something I never saw!
Ha ! Who pulled who here :-D
 

Rory

Sealiner
im busy having some drop shot rods built they are just waiting for the hmg to come before the make the blanks will post pictures once they have been made going with 9foot.
 

Fredster

Senior Member
Hi Bennie, my vote also goes to the shimano vengance - i have the 3 oz one - some mates who compare it to their 3oz 8ft rods at 3 times the price are also really very impressed.
 
Fanie wrote:
Aye Bennie, I can confirm the Shimano rods are amazing for their price ! A bit difficult to advise someone like this but when I have it in my hands I know when it's the right one.

trying to pull the head off something I never saw!
Ha ! Who pulled who here :-D
Na, was my own fault! I has a big fish on, didn't see it and once it had a few runs it felt like it had stopped and turned so put put more pressure... bang! 3 seconds before it happened Nico had just said "those rods are amazing!". LOL

Worst part... I then borrowed his exact same rod and broke all the eyes off it! So now I need to replace his rod too.:fbash At a grand each!
 

Def-e-nition

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:
Fanie wrote:
Aye Bennie, I can confirm the Shimano rods are amazing for their price ! A bit difficult to advise someone like this but when I have it in my hands I know when it's the right one.

trying to pull the head off something I never saw!
Ha ! Who pulled who here :-D
Na, was my own fault! I has a big fish on, didn't see it and once it had a few runs it felt like it had stopped and turned so put put more pressure... bang! 3 seconds before it happened Nico had just said "those rods are amazing!". LOL

Worst part... I then borrowed his exact same rod and broke all the eyes off it! So now I need to replace his rod too.:fbash At a grand each!
Bennie , Bennie , Bennie ... Ai ....!

 Wat wwet jy van daai Meisie , LEEN , hmm???

 Lol - Like Me and simon's Friggin T53 . Pop !

Bye bye top two eyes , and 7" of his rod . rod Moertoe - Last time i Ever Touched another of his rods ~!!

Shimano vengeance -hmm- sommer ooral beskikbaar boys ?
 
I must admit, I punish my rods so need something with a proper backbone! I feel nothing fighting big fish with little rods!

@ Def-e-nition.. NEVER TOUCH ANOTHER MAN'S ROD! No matter how much he says he loves you!
 

ZANAIDOR

New member
Hi Bennie ,

Before you commit or buy please check out the 10ft dropzone rod at Kingfisher its got a lot of backbone especially for Kingies etc amd priced reasonably at approx 700.00,

I am pairing it up with a Daiwa Oceanos 4500, BTW i almost bought your Oceanos but you had to keep your word

Regards

Rajen
 

fedu

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:
....broke my Daiwa Exceller XXH trying to pull the head off something I never saw! ....
So you were lying the other day wen you told me there was no big fish in Durban :)  ??

Now you need an XXXH rod hehehehehehe.
 

kraken

Senior Member
Shimano Vengeance! I use mine to throw spinners at yellowtail and its perfect! I've already accounted for a decent number of fish with this rod, so its been tried and tested.

I've just replaced my Sedona with the Saragosa 4000 and 10lb Crystal Fireline and it's gonna be even more of a killer rig!

For the price and capabilities, the Vengeance is really very hard to beat.
 

neilg

Sealiner
Hmg was not designed to take punishment, in some conditions cheaper (non hmg) rods are a better and safer bet

Hmg breaks like zhe twig ...
 
Top