Plastic kayaks

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Mishfan wrote:
Hope it wasn't an oil tanker...

Luckily only coal... What I must say was impressive was the disaster management, 'they' responded extremely fast, the disaster was handled professionally and efficiently... There was very little bulk oil that leaked before being pumped off the wreck...

This is all that's left, which they are busy removing...
 

Attachments

  • 1313271575.jpg
    1313271575.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 220

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
'They've' got a barge raised off the seabed busy salvaging the steel and possibly try and remove the last of the coal...
 

Attachments

  • P1150174 (Copy).JPG
    P1150174 (Copy).JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 220

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
There's a few brands...

Fluid Synergy Angler, Malibu Two XL, Pamlico 135T Kayak by Wilderness Systems and the Feelfree Gemini...

As for popularity a few of my friends have the Gemini, it's a decently built craft with a wheel moulded into the hull for easier loading...

What I can say it's an art trying to fish with 2 folks on a kayak, something that definitely will take practice.
 

Ugly Stik

New member
When my son fishes with me, we fish off our Feel Free Gemini - old shape before the wheel in the keel. Zulu is right, its not easy, especially when you share your kayak with an 8-year-old who views you as nothing more than propulsion. To him its a big boat that he comfortably walks around on with me as a grumpy obstacle when he has to follow a fish to the stern. I wouldn't take it out to sea, not with him, not yet anyway.
I have been wondering if that Kraken wouldn't make a nice double. I have only seen pics posted here and on Facebook, but it seems to have a nice clean deck which would make packing and strapping-down easier that on the other doubles. But I'm holding out till my boy is big enough to handle the Hunterski on his own, maybe I'll get me a Bamba then.
 

Mishfan

New member
I've got a perception tribe 13.5 tandem don't think it was made specifically for fishing. Haha that quite funny. I went fishing with my wife but every time we got to a spot so I could fish it, she kept wanting to paddle. I realised there are times to paddle together and others to fish alone!
 

Predator_828

New member
Those are some awesome pics Zulu! Just a random question how do you transport your bamba? My brother is thinking of buying one but he's not sure he'll be able to manage it.
 

zulu-X-treme

Sealiner
Predator_828 wrote:
...how do you transport your bamba?

Initially when I first purchased my Bamba I was driving a Ford Ranger Hi-Trail LWB, the LWB allowed for a large load bin, allowing for ease of loading and offloading. It was a case of lifting the front, placing it on the tailgate and then sliding the craft onto the load bin from the back, easy job... As I purchased more kayaks I inevitably also bought a kayak trailer with the capacity to load 4 kayaks...

Presently I'm driving a Toyota HILUX Super-CAB, which makes it virtually impossible to load the Bamba, be it the roof or the load bin... Hence I use my Hyundai H100 (truck/bakkie), much, much easier...

End of the day, if there's a will there must be a way... I suppose if I did not have the Hyundai I most likely would have come up with a plan... And so with any other vehicle.

A friend of mine has a NP200 Nissan bakkie and he's able to load his Bamba...
 
Top