Opinions on Mackski Kingfisher

Kayakker

New member
Hi, I just bought a Mackski Kingfisher. It looked like a bargain and my first paddle ski was a Mackski, so I knew the brand. But this kayak is almost never mentioned on this forum?

I like the layout of the kayak and the storage areas is well thought out and the best that I've seen thus far. It goes well through waves, but I still need to practice more on how to surf out on the waves.

But what is your opinion of the Kingfisher?
 

Fredster

Senior Member
welcome and enjoy. You have the ski already, and it is well suited to the purpose and ideal particularly as a first ski. So, as you gain experience, and are drawn to perhaps certain aspects of skishing, you'll figure out for yourself what you like and dislike about the ski, and what you may want in your next ski when you feel the need to upgrade. At the end of the day everybody will have their own opinion, and it is only your own opinion in the context of your your personal skishing experience that actually matters. I'm not sure if i've answered your question, but their heaviness tends to be a common point though.
tight lines and be safe
regards F
 

Kayakker

New member
Fredster wrote:
welcome and enjoy. You have the ski already, and it is well suited to the purpose and ideal particularly as a first ski. So, as you gain experience, and are drawn to perhaps certain aspects of skishing, you'll figure out for yourself what you like and dislike about the ski, and what you may want in your next ski when you feel the need to upgrade. At the end of the day everybody will have their own opinion, and it is only your own opinion in the context of your your personal skishing experience that actually matters. I'm not sure if i've answered your question, but their heaviness tends to be a common point though.
tight lines and be safe
regards F

Thanx for the reply Fredster. I agree and hear you, but the Macski is not really that heavy @ 25kg. It's a bliksem to load on my high SUV in a tight parking space with 2 cars next to yours..with a South Easter blowing... But here is a list of the the weights of the Stealth range:

Mackski Kingfisher: 25kg

Stealth Evo 495: 29kg
EVO 465: 27kg
Stealth Supalite: 23kg
SupaliteX: 25kg
Supalite BFS 28kg
Stealth ProFisha575 25kg
ProFisha475 22,5kg
Pinnicle Elite 27kg

So, the Mackski's weight is average and lighter than Stealth's EVOs.
 

Fredster

Senior Member
hi, the weights can actually be quite variable between individual skis of the model, some manufacturers more than others, and between older skis and newer skis - so long as yours works for you, that's fine.
 
Top