OK guys, I am heading to Angola in Feb and I wi

RAGGIE HOLIC

New member
the Rapsons were using seal point plugs from the st francis/pe area..i allso have a few..excellent quality...will last a lifetime..at commercial marine..
 

neilg

Sealiner
RH
post a pic of the seal point plugs, I probably have the whole collection, but don't know the name. Maybe it's something I don't have (hard to believe), but there might be that SLIGHT possibility that I missed it ... and that cannot be allowed.
 

Gerhard

Sealiner
I did a modification to the plugs I bought....

Replaced trebles with 9/0 Gama's

and then put some buck tail on the Gama's just for the fun.

P1000323.jpg


Was at Solly's today on the way back from meeting in Sandton and had to stop somewhere to wait for the heavy rain to move on.

They sure do have a big variety of plugs available....
 

neilg

Sealiner
Gerhard,
just try this
remove splitring on the back
take side cutter, put pressure on the ring of the hook (the circle at the back), then the ring will open up,
now connect the ring directly to the lure
take pliers and push the ring closed again.

with the splitring removed one less thing that can fail when you don't need it ...
 

neilg

Sealiner
I have done it on most of my lures, the bigger the hook the bigger the side cutter ...
only open it enough to get it on !
 
Top