New Weapons

fedu

Sealiner
My new jigging weapons have just arrived, had a problem with the Angolan border costums office because they though it were artworks :)

It took me an whole month just to sort things out with them...

Just a few sample photos.

2ln757q.jpg


23a58j.jpg


ics9pz.jpg


I have a very good feeling about this LONG ones for Amberjacks, let's see

wmjmzr.jpg


Full Lumo side of the same jig

21n42rp.jpg


Another intresting addition to my weapon arsenal is the UV Torch, tryed it out yesterday and after a couple of seconds the lumo jigs seemed like underwater lanterns :)

sfv4ea.jpg



Kob will need to wear shades to avoid this babies.

No excuses now, if fish doesn't jump into the boat either they are not there or the problem is the human element (me) !!
 

blaasoppie#1

Senior Member
Fedu where did you purchase the UV tourch; i have been after one of those for a while and what was the cost?

I just purchased 45 River2Sea jigs from www.lbf.com ; its crazy that it is half the price to ship from the US than it is from SA to Madagascar??

I dont think that you would ever be able to leave Angola, you must have about 5 tons of jigs!
 
blaasoppie#1 wrote:
Fedu where did you purchase the UV tourch; i have been after one of those for a while and what was the cost?

I just purchased 45 River2Sea jigs from http://www.lbf.com ; its crazy that it is half the price to ship from the US than it is from SA to Madagascar??

I dont think that you would ever be able to leave Angola, you must have about 5 tons of jigs!
Get hold of Mark, AKA Tackle Whore he's the man!

Fedu, they are damn nice man, you lucky bugger!
 

fedu

Sealiner
Tested the long one this last Sunday, not the best day due to weather conditions.

wmjmzr.jpg


Pros:
Incredible jig with Amberjacks, got many bite marks, it was so hot that in one of the drops, I got a hookup, then after a couple of seconds lost the fish, got a second one 4 seconds after the first, looked at my reel and noticed some problem with line digging decided to release the fish to avoid problems "freespooled it" corrected the problem with the line and still got a 3rd Amberjack that I landed, all in a single drop!!!!


Cons:
Lost many fish on the drop, next time I'll use a second shorter assist hook on the bottom of the jig to try get the drop strikes, they would hit it so hard that it would bend the jig, but they were attacking the bottom side of the jig on the drop.

First impression aren't allways too correct but this is my feeling after the first use.
 

Pargo Man

Sealiner
Ahoi Cpt. Fernando, good to read about your finding time to get to the "gym". AJs are still there? Sure, they had to bite on that beautiful straight jig. I havn't been out in 10 days... and thus havn't fished your "ex" yet. She's married to an accu SR30L now with a pe8 line... I hope to get "Djamila2" and her crew to fish Saturday morning (Feb6th). Report to follow. Best cordial regards, Jan
 

tremosso

Senior Member
Fernando/Ian I´ve been dreaming about the next Lobito tournament. If you know there's a chance of me catching a lift in any boat just tell me, even if its just to serve the drinks...
 

ignatius

Sealiner
Pink, pink, no wonder we struggle to find lead in Nam.
Fedu, do you also use a lot of pink when not deep jigging?
 

fedu

Sealiner
ignatius wrote:
Pink, pink, no wonder we struggle to find lead in Nam.
Fedu, do you also use a lot of pink when not deep jigging?
I also like pink when trolling or casting, but not with the same exagerated frequency :)

P.S. - We are talking about going there, Namibe, next weekend to have a go at your Tunas if the sea conditions allow it.
 

ignatius

Sealiner
I think you have the spot located. Dont forget the black and red sailfish enticers. We got Dorado in early morning and the tuna later on.
One of the locals also told us that there are tuna +- 6nm west of Mukujo.
Fedu, do you also find tuna off Lucira.
Cant wait to see what you find.
 

blaasoppie#1

Senior Member
Fedu,

Just got these on my desk, 46 new River2Sea jigs - wahooo, cant wait to test them; those turkey sliders are going to be deadly on AJ's. My Stella SW10 000PG will be on my desk tomorrow then it is game on for my new Blue Rose S517F; just have to wait for my vrou to go back to SA so i can go fishing!!

12-09-09001.jpg


12-09-09002.jpg
 

fedu

Sealiner
I see I'm not the only one spending money on lead....

I don't have those Turkey Sliders, the Knifes here have been great on cob, have the sea rock for some time now but never tested them (too many lures, limited time on the water).

Will try to send you the maps when I get near the computer with the mapping software  installed.
 

fedu

Sealiner
ignatius wrote:
I think you have the spot located. Dont forget the black and red sailfish enticers. We got Dorado in early morning and the tuna later on.
One of the locals also told us that there are tuna +- 6nm west of Mukujo.
Fedu, do you also find tuna off Lucira.
Cant wait to see what you find.
My Camera is not working anymore :-( , lost all the pics :-(

Cold water, no trolling action, no Tuna, no Dorado...

Got some Sea Bass, Dentex, Yellowbelly, Grouper, Bluefish (smallish), cob, and a couple more fish I don't know the English name.

My father in law brother got his PB seabass of 36 Kg!!!

Sea was awfull but we managed to get something out of the two days fishing :).
 
Top