whats the chances of the rod breaking at the tip end if i put on a new tip.
Nice setup dude!! I want to get me one of those reels soon. Im using a waft dropshot shimi slade 4000. I have done dropshot in the cape there just arent that many places we can. Done some spinning in Zandvlei though.i bought me a pen sargus 4000, braided line which cost me R470 and a franlin loomis dropshot rod (platinum). I usually fish with heavy tackle and have been wanting to try out this dropshot setup for almost a year now. I guess i will have to wait a couple of more days before i get to use this set-up.
Agreed different strokes for different folksive seen many fishing video the most recent one is with the alcock brothers whether they tie the braid to a power swivel and at the other end of the swivel is some leader line. I guess it just preference at the end of the day - braid to swivel to leader or braid to leader directly.