Moving to West Coast, Shelly point. New to saltwa

stormchild

Senior Member
Hi Miles...these are actually for you. Had a bit of internet problems, so was a bit off for a while. Look  Stonie, if you are serious about your fishing in the Cape, follow Miles' advice and get you one of these or similair. If you want to fish inshore once a month on a nice day, the duckie might be the way to go.

 

 
 

Attachments

  • 100_0713.JPG
    100_0713.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 421

MOGGY

Senior Member
Not everyone can afford the boats on the picture. I know tuna fishing is a game for the privilaged, but some of us have to make do with what we can afford. Miles got good results with his "duckie", they were the pioneers of shooting tuna.
 

Stonechamp

New member
These are beeeaaaatiful boats. I can even fit skoonma in the fish hatch.
After having moved permanently to Shelly point in 2-3 years I will seriously consider one of these. In the meantime my requirements (and space at Shelly) can only accommodate something smaller.
Having received the advice from everybody I am now anyway too shite scared to venture out without a skipper onboard with serious experience.
 

thika

Sealiner
Stonechamp,

I suggest you have a serious look at this...it is still available and good value for money (boat in salt water only once)

I have been following this thread and you seem to be getting more confused with each new post.

It is EXACTLY what you need for inshore fishing and running around, if I followed your initial posts correctly.

In the meantime it will allow you to build confidence and make up your mind about what you need to buy down the line, and you can launch it from your doorstep!

Sell after 2 years for R50 grand, so R10 grand per year?...jeesh!

At the bottom is a pic of my other boat...I have had it since 1992 and what a pleasure it has been!...I promise you can't go wrong!

The Mercs are not first choice, but you are getting three, plus the boat for the price of a 60 HP two stroke and those 4 cylinder jobs were good in their time.

'95 model Mallards Swift 165 with 2 x 40hp Mercury motors on Easy Loader trailer. Navman Fishfinder, 29MHz radio, Compass, 4x petrol tanks, all Seaworthy eqpm except Flare Kit.

Including 1997 Mercury 40 hp motor as spare in complete working order. All 3 motors were recently serviced. 

Asking R70 000 not negotiable.


Attached Image (viewed 1670 times):

attachment.php


15'6 Ace Craft:

 

 
 

Attachments

  • Various Boat Pics 014.jpg
    Various Boat Pics 014.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 384

thika

Sealiner
This was my 5m Dux.

Keep your eye on the ball...as nice as this also was, it is not the same as a glass boat. You gonna cry your eyes out when the snoek is dik...also read Miles's post again about some of the downsides of semi-rigids...I think it is the one with the video?

Good luck

 
 

Attachments

  • Various Boat Pics 009.jpg
    Various Boat Pics 009.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 381

Stonechamp

New member
Hi all,
In case you're interested, I bought an Infanta 6m RIB with 2 50Hp Hondas.
Took it for a ride into Knysna heads with considerable swell. Performed beautifully.
And planes easily with 1 motor, with three people aboard.
 See picture
Runs around 58 km/hr at between 6000 and 7000 revs.
Currently certified for 5miles (D) but will be certified for 15 miles.

Miles, I'll just have to be carefull and fish with barbless hooks. WIll also consider applying rhino hide. Could use some advice on which sections to cover. Your post on the general dryness and safety of Semi-rigids made me look at these for the first time.
Thus thanks to all, I think its been worthwhile.

Stonechamp
 

Attachments

  • Inf1.jpg
    Inf1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 356

thika

Sealiner
Stonechamp...it's been a while now...see you last posted anything on 30 August

The Okes here went to a lot of trouble for you with solid advice all round

Know you decided on the 6m Infanta RIB

What's the feedback?

 
 

Stonechamp

New member
Ja it been a while waiting for my garage at Shelley to get to a stage to move the boat down. Did so a couple of weeks ago and royboy and I took her out to North Blinder to join the snoek fleet. Caught 4 good looking snoek, hooked a yellowtail but lost it.

Thus mission accomplished.

Have not tried her in heavy seas but the performance with the two Honda 50's is astounding.
Furthermore, I can launch and retrieve her singlehanded if need be at the Brittania Baai launch site, even as close to low-tide as 1 hour! This was an important goal.
I can therefore launch close to my house and close to  fishing hotspots with a single crew member at a drop of a hat, including taking my wife out for a jol (I already did), which is import having paid a lot of money for a boat.

royboy let me use his great equipment. Thanks man! Maybe you can post a few of your pics of our morning at sea? Then I can close this forum , well satisfied!
 
Top