Morning Guys
What is everyones take on midge and buzzer patterns?
Did a session at Brookewood last week while everyone was at work and nothing worked.
I eventually tied on size 18 brassies fished under a beetle pattern and caught plenty of the newly stocked babies. 300g
I love my big flies and have always been nervous to try the small ones but they made the difference between going home satisfied or going home confused because the trout were rising everywhere. I know with the heat and dirty water most of the time the trout are rising for air because I put flies cm from them and no interest.
Does anyone have a specific pattern(s) that they use with great success because I want to start tying a few and use them more often.
Cheers
What is everyones take on midge and buzzer patterns?
Did a session at Brookewood last week while everyone was at work and nothing worked.
I eventually tied on size 18 brassies fished under a beetle pattern and caught plenty of the newly stocked babies. 300g
I love my big flies and have always been nervous to try the small ones but they made the difference between going home satisfied or going home confused because the trout were rising everywhere. I know with the heat and dirty water most of the time the trout are rising for air because I put flies cm from them and no interest.
Does anyone have a specific pattern(s) that they use with great success because I want to start tying a few and use them more often.
Cheers