LURE FISHING THE SWARTKOPS.

smiley6996

Sealiner
I love my stradic best investment I ever made as for the gurnard I also found one this morning on a McCarthy jerk shad
 

Attachments

  • GOPR0481-1.jpg
    GOPR0481-1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,066

Predator_828

New member
smiley6996 wrote:
I love my stradic best investment I ever made as for the gurnard I also found one this morning on a McCarthy jerk shad
Gurnard everywhere lately, I got two last time I headed out. The bigger one of the two gave a pretty good account for itself.

I've been struggling to find the leeries. They just not interested in the strike pros this year.
 

smiley6996

Sealiner
Predator_828 wrote:
smiley6996 wrote:
I love my stradic best investment I ever made as for the gurnard I also found one this morning on a McCarthy jerk shad
Gurnard everywhere lately, I got two last time I headed out. The bigger one of the two gave a pretty good account for itself.

I've been struggling to find the leeries. They just not interested in the strike pros this year.
we gotr a double up this moring aswell with some inflatible piranas one on surface one on the bottom
 

Attachments

  • GOPR0466-1.jpg
    GOPR0466-1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,054

onemorecast

New member
Reel in wrote:
I Just started drop shot. Not shore if I am doing it the right way. were can I get some tips. I don't no if I am going to fast or not the right technique. can someone give me some advice.

and were at swartkops can I go?

Thanks

It is unfortunately not the best time of the year to learn as the fish are not that thick - you might very well have the technique right with simply no fish to appreciate it!

To avoid unnecessary frustration I would suggest only fishing the real peak times of the day when the fish are most active (very early and at sunset). Vary the speed of your retrieve quite a bit - fish respond to different speeds on different days. Also alternate between lures, switching between dropshot and surface lures until you get a knock of a follow.
 

Predator_828

New member
Haven't been to the river since December last year. Is the pollution really getting as bad as the papers say it is? It's sad to see the ecosystem falling apart...
 

Vian

New member
Hi! The people from redhouse started a online petition for swartkops against the munisipality to try and stop the river polution!pls sign, here it the link to the petition, https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Edna_Molewa_Minister_of_Enviromental_Affairs_Save_the_Swartkops_River_from_a_sewage_disaster
 

tyrrell

Senior Member
Evening gents, I see the thread has been a bit quiet... is this sewerage related or is there just not much happening on the river? I've dusted off my rods and am considering a throw at sparrow fart
 

onemorecast

New member
Cannot say I know why, but it has been a long time since I have had even so much as a knock in the river.

Still see the odd chase at sunset or flash as a leerie turns behind a lure, but few and far between.
 

SPIN A HOLIC

Sealiner
Hey T.long time man.
River is still fishing well. As like any days fishing one never knows what is going to happen but you in with a good chance.
 

Zink Mullet

New member
My soon to be brother in law is fishing the river every other day and atleast pull out between 5-10 cob per week. He releases all though. While I was in pe over dec we managed 14 fish in 3 days. A few days earlier he and a buddy got about 8 leeries in an hour. I say the fish is still there.
 

Zink Mullet

New member
My soon to be brother in law is fishing the river every other day and atleast pull out between 5-10 cob per week. He releases all though. While I was in pe over dec we managed 14 fish in 3 days. A few days earlier he and a buddy got about 8 leeries in an hour. I say the fish is still there.
 

tyrrell

Senior Member
SPIN A HOLIC wrote:
Hey T.long time man.
River is still fishing well. As like any days fishing one never knows what is going to happen but you in with a good chance.

Hey Spin, yeah been an age! Finally getting my tackle wet after a fishing sabbatical. Hope all good your side.

Hit it from sunrise, walked and fished the bank from Tiger Bay to the mouth and back with nothing to show for it. It's been so long that I think i need a refresher course in Fishing 101!
 

tyrrell

Senior Member
Zink Mullet wrote:
My soon to be brother in law is fishing the river every other day and atleast pull out between 5-10 cob per week. He releases all though. While I was in pe over dec we managed 14 fish in 3 days. A few days earlier he and a buddy got about 8 leeries in an hour. I say the fish is still there.

That's good going man, glad to hear the fish are still there. Today just wasn't my day
 

smiley6996

Sealiner
The fish are there still but has anyone else noticed that they don't smell like fish but like k@k or is it just the fish I been catching or maybe my nose just to close to my top lip
 

Attachments

  • GOPR0507-1.jpg
    GOPR0507-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 597

Predator_828

New member
tyrrell wrote:
Evening gents, I see the thread has been a bit quiet... is this sewerage related or is there just not much happening on the river? I've dusted off my rods and am considering a throw at sparrow fart
I've decided to steer clear of the river until the sewage problem is sorted. Even then it's going to take years for the pollution in the water to get flushed out. In the past I have only ever fished near the mouth and have never ventured past the train bridge.

For now I am doing most of my fishing at sundays, eager to see the swartkops estuary recover...
 

Darkwolfie18

New member
Just incase you guys missed this
SOME GOOD NEWS
Hi,
William Pierce-Jones has just sent me the results of the water tests the Redhouse Yacht Club had done recently. Samples were taken at the RYC/Rowing club.

11/2/15 e.coli - 4 per 100 ml – taken on an outgoing tide.
17/2/15 e.coli – 37 per 100 ml – taken at high tide.

According to the metro the count should be less than 130 for recreational use, so this is way below that.

It must be noted that these were the results for those dates & times. However they are indicating that conditions at Redhouse have improved as far as the water is concerned & this is good news.
Kind regards,
Jenny
 
Top