LURE FISHING THE SWARTKOPS.

Savina

New member
Hi OMC
I see that you got your grunter on your ski.
I just got mine and want to give the rivers a try when I get everything set up for river fishing. Have you been successful at Sundays or Gamtoos?
Any spots that you can recommend?
 

onemorecast

New member
Savina wrote:
Hi OMC
I see that you got your grunter on your ski.
I just got mine and want to give the rivers a try when I get everything set up for river fishing. Have you been successful at Sundays or Gamtoos?
Any spots that you can recommend?

I have never been out at Gam or Sundays - yet. I am sure I will give them both a go at some point this season.

I cruise with my ski until I see action (tailing, chases etc) before I bother to anchor and start fishing. The fish move around, but there are a few spots that generally produces a few follows/boils if not an actual hookup.

When you are ready, let me know and we can hit the river together. I normally launch at Tippers but the better grunt banks are upstream of the Motherwell bridge.
 

Savina

New member
Thanks
i only noticed now that you got the grunter on a surface lure. Was it easy to give the lure acton while sitting?
What ski do you have? How the stability?
 

onemorecast

New member
My rod has a very long butt section which makes it tricky to work the lure while sitting. I prefer anchoring the ski and then wade the banks on foot.

That ski is a Pinnacle elite. Very stable. Someone a little shorter and lighter than me would easily be able to stand up in it. The bottom of the foot wells is flat and level, as if it was intended for standing up.
 

ZaneH

New member
:)
I thought I was a gonner in that mud :)((r(e(ling((r(e(ling

then again - thanks for the assist.

Just increase the exposure on that image - one stop should do it :)
 

Vades

Sealiner
onemorecast wrote:
Where can I get the latest bag-limits and legal size info?

http://www.nda.agric.za/doaDev/sideMenu/fisheries/21_HotIssues/April2010/MarineRecreationalActivityInformationBrochure/Marine%20Recreational%20Brochure%202013-2014.pdf
 

smiley6996

Sealiner
The fish are always around at the river the wind often turns the fish on or just before the wind like this morning quick 5 to 9 session 6 fish released all fairly small
 

Attachments

  • GOPR0335-1.jpg
    GOPR0335-1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 465

onemorecast

New member
Vian wrote:
Hi guys!

Im new to this forum. Any exitement on the river lately in this windy weather?
If I can get my lazy ass out of bed in time I think I will hit the mouth tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed for some leerie. A skippy will not go amiss either.
 
Top