Looking for an old paddle ski or canoe for a DIY project

Hi,

I want to fit 2 RC jet engines to a paddle ski. I am looking for something cheap (or free) as it is an experiment at this stage. If possible with a flattish back section but if not, I will have to make a plan. Would prefer a plastic construction as I think it might be easier to work with.

Please let me know if you see anything lying around.

Thanks.
 

Ninja-Nic

Sealiner
benniejordaan wrote:
Hi,

I want to fit 2 RC jet engines to a paddle ski. I am looking for something cheap (or free) as it is an experiment at this stage. If possible with a flattish back section but if not, I will have to make a plan. Would prefer a plastic construction as I think it might be easier to work with.

Please let me know if you see anything lying around.

Thanks.

A twin jet drive - sounds interesting indeed. Where are you going to use a thing like that Bennie?

I saw online a while ago some guy make a stitch and glue flats boat/ skiff out of plywood and epoxy with a small jet drive fitted. Relatively uncomplicated build and sturdy too. I'll try find the link for you.
 

pieterh

Sealiner
Hi Bennie.
I got 2 skis.Not the type you go fishing on,I think they call it the surf skis.
You can have them if u want.They need ods and ends to be fixed,But not bad.
 
pieterh wrote:
Hi Bennie.
I got 2 skis.Not the type you go fishing on,I think they call it the surf skis.
You can have them if u want.They need ods and ends to be fixed,But not bad.

Bud, that's the perfect price. LOL. Will call you to make arrangements to collect. Thanks a mil..

BTW, I intend fitting 2 RC jets that will run on a couple of those small 12V betteries with the aid of an inverter. Can even have steering as they come with all the necessary fittings and nozzle.

I have 1 motor already with a jet drive, so I'll fit one first to see if it can keep it moving.

To power them, I'm using 9.6V (15,000 RPM) Groupner electric motors. They will draw 12.5A per hour.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4296.JPG
    IMG_4296.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 104
Top